What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Bloom

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very nice. I would work on increasing the vibrance in the foremost flower. I don't think you need to sharpen it as it appears to be done with a macro lens. But if not, then I would add the slightest sharpening to it. Definitely I would increase the color in the foreground flower as it looks washed out compared to the other. I would have liked to see the background blossom brought inside the frame or the frontal blossom made more the focus. It is otherwise pretty well arranged, and I'm proud of you, if you don't mind the sentiment, lol. You might repeat the photo shoot.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
I think that the odd character of the near flower is what is called "veiling lens flare". It often comes from a slightly dirty lens.

OTOH, it could also have been intentionally added for effect in post. A plugin called Lumiere makes it's name by doing exactly that.

T

hershy314

Guru
The lens was dirty, I did clean it but sometimes I don't get the desired clean look I'm wanting. The fact I can barely hold the camera still (well my phone with a custom lens) could have an affect on the out come.
Camera HDR Studio - 1397933894734.jpg

Attachments

• Camera HDR Studio - 1397934151208.jpg
    Camera HDR Studio - 1397934151208.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Some company makes a little clamp that has a 1/4-20 screw hole that connects it to the tripod, and the other end of it grabs a wide variety of phones ... kinda the way a hand would hold the phone.

It's real nifty in that it folds up into something the size of a tie clip, it works, and it only cost me about $10 a couple of years ago. If I can find the mfgr's name, I'll post it.

T

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, Hershy -

The tripod to iPhone adapter that I have is this one by GorillaPod.

Lots of others are available - just go to Google Images and type in {tripod adapter for iphone}. There are even DIY versions.

HTH,

Tom

hershy314

Guru
Here is another flower that was just planted. They are mums, these are kind of different though. Normally they smell bad, but these smell like a rose. I did boost the vibrance a little to make them a little brighter.

Camera HDR Studio - 1398363262402.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
Pretty. But again, I think you missed that the flowers in the front are blurred and the background flowers are sharp - or at least the one. Maybe that's your intention, but it just looks odd to me. I take it your phone camera has no macro ability?