What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little game

fotograffiti

Power User
As to help Inkpad with his topic

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photography/50876-photography-starter-question.html

it's a little game we used to play on a photography forum.

You step outside and measure like 5 meters (left, right, whatever) and then photograph what is there.
Can be a plant, a cobble stone, your car....

Say I start with 5 meters, then maybe Paul comes up next week with 12 a.s.o.

So it should not be your best ever landscape, just an ordinary everyday thing.

Tom Mann

Guru
I normally don't do this sort of shooting, but, inspired by Chris' shadows, and being too lazy to go outside, I took these all within about 3 m of each other inside our house using my little point and shoot camera. For the second one, after I sent the images over to my iPhone, I used an iPhone app to generate the crazy colors.

T

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 49
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 49

Tom Mann

Guru
And, not straying any further from the couch in the family room, here's an iPhone photo of our house key processed in two different ways by iPhone apps. If I remember correctly, the app to make the 4 color version was free.

T

PS - This shot isn't new, but thought it fit the theme of finding things to photograph close to home.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 49

ibclare

Queen Bee
Here is my accidental point and shoot, taken as I was sitting down and clicked the pic. It's better than the others I took on purpose, lol. No post processing, just decreased size. It's not as abstractly geometric as chris's, but I like serendipity.

accidentalHondo.jpg

ps: see my dog?

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
By the song with the same words, how bizarre, how bizarre. The odious red rugs are temporary until we can afford time and money to put down a new den floor. Meantime we walk on area rugs and plywood. Our 2009 garage fire ruined the carpet, but that's OK, I hate overall carpet anyway. A great danger when you have 5 four-legged kids in the house.

inkpad.t

Guru
Whats a den floor... can i hide on there away from the cell inmates ?.. seriously tho.. whay is a den floor ? never heard of that.

I like the photos you all took i am going to do one tomorrow as its getting dark here now.

Chris.. that photo you took of the shadows is good, but did a yeti take it. looks like on the shadow to the right.. he he..

ibclare

Queen Bee
If you can squash flat like "Flat Stanley," sure you can hide there, but people will still step on you. A den floor is the floor in our den. So we want to put tiles or laminate on it. Duh . . . Maybe they don't have den rooms where you live . . . maybe?

As for the yeti, yeah, he dropped onto my lap when I sat down and hit the shutter accidentally. I always try to keep at least one yeti around. They can do that heavy lifting that gets old aunty clare short of breath (we medicals abbreviate that: S O B).

I like to sing them to sleep. 6 little yetis asleep in the bed, one fell off and the other ones said, I'm lonely, I'm lonely. 5 little yetis . . . I can't remember what the last little yeti said. If I were the last little one, I would have said, YAY, all this room to myself!

Tom Mann

Guru
FWIW, here in the eastern USA, the more formal room is commonly known as the living room, and the informal one as the family or "TV"room. My impression is that the word, "den", has somewhat fallen out of favor, at least in my circles, but what do I know? LOL.

T

ibclare

Queen Bee
den implies a different kind of room than a rec room or a living room and is not out of favor in my neck of the woods. Like a bear'
s den, it is the place to lounge and feel safe and cuddly, lol. Not to get stoned and play billiards (AKA pool to some), and not to behave all formally like in a living room.

Whats a den floor... can i hide on there away from the cell inmates ?.. seriously tho.. whay is a den floor ? never heard of that.

I like the photos you all took i am going to do one tomorrow as its getting dark here now.

Chris.. that photo you took of the shadows is good, but did a yeti take it. looks like on the shadow to the right.. he he..

Hi Alan...and thanks for looking.
No shadow from the Yeti today?!

DSCN3651BuxusYeti1200.jpg

inkpad.t

Guru
I Have not forgot about this one.. I went out today to take that photo within the first 5m... but then i realized i would have fell off the tower ledge.... Anyway it was pouring down today so had retreat back to the tower until tomorrow..hopefully better weather?

I know you can take photos in the rain.. but not when you can't even see what your meant to be snapping.

Back soon.

MrToM

Guru
If you can squash flat like "Flat Stanley"

Well go to the foot of our stairs! That was my most favourite book ever ever ever in the whole widest world....ever.
(...and 'Too much Noise' was a very close second)

Thanks Clare, you've just sent me back way too far into my past.......and between you and me, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Regards.
MrTom.