What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I never promised you a rose garden

fotograffiti

Power User
Visited this garden with 9000 roses, 600 varieties.

My favourite "lovely green"
IMG_7525.jpg

another nice one, colours change during bloom "Derby"
IMG_7528.jpg

a view in the garden
IMG_7539.jpg

and a very festive one "papagena"
IMG_7495.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great photos. The middle two are my favorites.

On the first one, the center and foreground roses are out of focus. The midground roses are in better focus but are out of comp position.

I'm not a huge fan of the green hue on the first and the red on the last image. I'm sure there's a term for the effect and it seems to be a favorite of yours.

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Love 2 and 3. Number one reminds me of a cabbage, and the focus and color are off to me. I love your frames. I think they really make a great finishing touch.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I agree on the focus of the first. Though they are beautiful roses, I too think the green hue is a bit much. It darkens the photo, loses the highlights too much for my taste.

But they are great shots.

Where in the world is this garden of 9000 roses? Fantastic to be able to visit such a place.

Tom Mann

Guru
ALB: "...Number one reminds me of a cabbage, ..."

While I'm sure connoisseurs of roses probably love the less common green color, and there probably are technical horticulture issues involved that I'm utterly clueless about, like Larry, for the life of me, I just can't get something along the lines of THESE out of my mind. Obviously, this is more of a criticism of the plant itself, not your photograph of it.

T