What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos & Questions

guys ive asked this question before but ive forgotton how to do it , can someone tell me how to have the original image and the processed image switching back and forth in the same photo , makes the changes more noticible i think

also how are you viewing the exif data from here , ive downloaded the full image and dragged it into exif viewer , i dont see the basic camera settings which is strange , by the way is a great free program if you havent tried it out

Last edited:
you have to use animate with both images, then save for web as a .gif

hi mate

maybe it would be helpful if you give some backround information on yourself and your photography , i see by one of toms post your using a d800, give us some info on how long youve had this camera and how much you understand it , im guessing by your photos your understanding the basics of photography as far as shutter aperture and iso and i dont think there is too much to worry about with your actual basic photography , i think where you need to work on is your post processing skills and lighting techniques

it is hard for everyone to give the same critique as our monitors are all different and without us all seeing the same thing you may get varying results , reminds me i really need to buy a color calibrator

first image looks really overcooked to me , there is still a lot of detail in the blacks you can pull out in raw

i had a go at the post , i give myself a time limit of 5 minutes max , this didnt take that long although everything is subjective to individuals eyes , very quickly i just reduced the vibrance a bit and pulled some shadows out , i sharpened a little all in camera raw , to my eyes its better but that isnt saying its better for all eyes or monitors, i like to see detail and if its there then i pull it unless im going for a specific look

i think your photography is good and id be concentrating on improving your post processing , ill have a look at the exif data now

composition is good and i think its a well thought out image and you captured the mood well

oh by the way give us your post processing experience and programs your using

sorry to hear about your freind and her struggle

Updated first post and will update every picture with for me appropriate data.

cool thanks mike , im using cc so animation had me stumped for a bit , google and found window / view / timeline

the changes are now flashing with the original , handy to know

be interesting to follow this post i love photography and im continuously learning myself , creative live is one of my best sources , there are some great videos live , if you go to the site and go to watch now free you will see the videos available the most recent continuously play for a few days

Last edited:
looking at this one the thing that kept drawing my eye was the shape of the right hand rock , the shape of it looks like it should be the edge of the image so i cropped it , looks a better composition but again its only my opinion

Attachments

• Birka-comparison.gif
    Birka-comparison.gif
    242.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I think too much sky...needs more foreground textures, colors , shadows.....BUT thats my style.

Now that I see it I think I agree Egosbar. I was actually concerned that croping like you've done would make the stone feel distracting. It didn't I can see.

[Updated version of my friend and her dog from feedback.]
How's the new one?
Linda&Enzo.v2.jpg

yes mate much better, im not a fan of really vibrant images but thats just my taste or my monitor this looks nice though and most people who dont do a lot of photography love vibrant lol , im starting to tend to de saturate a little bit for my taste but the client will have thier own preferences ,its a very nice image im sure your freind will be happy , next thing is to ask if it needs to be printed , if so then calibration and print proofing is important , i now use in photoshop , view/proof setup and click simulate paper that will give you a more realistic idea of how it will print , in saying this i dont print much and dont own a printer so i havent tested this , im sure one of our other members will give you more info on this if you need it

THE IMPORTANT QUESTION HERE IS HOW DO YOU AND YOUR FREIND LIKE THE CHANGE

Last edited:
i agree i think too much sky was my first thought but the rock was bugging me more , now you can pull the bottom up a little and the top down a little and the image works better imo , i like to keep my images to print ratios

when i first look at an image i look at the subject then what is drawing my eye away and the right hand rock was an immediate distraction to me

i think crop the sky down the same amount as you pull the foreground up a little and your good

Last edited:
I Always have trouble finding good foregrounds... Always end up using lots of sky instead. Where I live we have almost no shoreline only a meter or so and before that a drop in height around the meter again. But I think I got something for you from the same shoot for tomorrow.

Now it's well passed bedtime so thanks for the input and stay tuned!

Now that I see it I think I agree Egosbar. I was actually concerned that croping like you've done would make the stone feel distracting. It didn't I can see.

[Updated version of my friend and her dog from feedback.]
How's the new one?

id like you to do what i done and use the animation so they flick back and forward , its so much easier to see what you have done instead of going back a few pages , the on off view gives immediate comparison, if you save for web at the longest side 700 pixels then the comparisons will be seen without having to open the image here

Never done an animation before. Managed to get the gif to work but it doesn't flick it just shows pic 1, then pic 2 and stop. Made a mistake or is it just when I preview locally on my pc?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using tapatalk.

Jepp, I did, same time actually. But I'll just try uploading and we'll see.

I belive they did, will look as soon as the kids will let us leave the playground. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using tapatalk.

to me the backround is too vibrant and distracting thats me though , still like the image though and its better
end of the day its what u like

Back