What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos & Questions

ZipedX

Power User
I'll keep that in mind Tom thanks for the advice.

I've been meaning to purchase a reflector or two. Any advice to give regarding size, shape and choice of color for one just starting out in this area? Also should I go for an expensive (quality brand) directly or go budget just to learn the ropes?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using tapatalk.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'll keep that in mind Tom thanks for the advice. I've been meaning to purchase a reflector or two. Any advice to give regarding size, shape and choice of color for one just starting out in this area? Also should I go for an expensive (quality brand) directly or go budget just to learn the ropes?
FWIW, I have several gold ones, but never use them because, IMHO, the mismatch in color with the ambient light looks cheesy/fake. I also have some small ones (ie, under 1 meter diameter) that I hardly ever use. WRT quality, most of mine are brand-names, but I have a few that are cheap knock-offs, and they seem to hold up pretty well. However, the one difference that I noticed is that there is a better distribution of light (ie, fewer hot spots) from the brand name silver reflectors than from the cheaper silver ones.

T

Tom Mann

Guru
... also, always keep a big white bed sheet in your kit. It's amazingly useful, especially to put down on grassy fields in front of the subjects. Otherwise, a lot of green light gets reflected up at the subjects.

T

ZipedX

Power User
... also, always keep a big white bed sheet in your kit. It's amazingly useful, especially to put down on grassy fields in front of the subjects. Otherwise, a lot of green light gets reflected up at the subjects.

T
As illustrated by my first post. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using tapatalk.

Last edited: