What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supermoon tonight here in Australia

Paul

Former Member
supermoontonight.jpg just made this up, not to scale either.

Original moon image from my camera -

DSC_0009 (5).JPG didn't bother with the tripod just pointed as i was on the way out for the night.

Chsavage

I'm always so disappointed when I hear "Super Moon" because I think I'm expecting the moon to be so close you can see the flags planting on its surface. That being said the detail that is visible in your picture does make the concept a little less disappointing. Bravo I say, a nice picture of a super moon.

Nice one Paul!
But in your composite your moon has an oval shape and not a round one.:banghead:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It was his birthday, so your probably right!

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm always so disappointed when I hear "Super Moon" because I think I'm expecting the moon to be so close you can see the flags planting on its surface. ...
+1.

FWIW, the largest possible supermoon is only about 7% larger in diameter than average, and most supermoons are not that large.

Wow ...not.

BTW, if I remember correctly, "super moon" turns out to be a term coined quite recently by an astrologer. You'll never hear it in serious astronomy discussions.

Tom M
(aka, the curmudgeon)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Nevertheless, the supermoons in my area have been brighter than normal full moons.Or have I just been taken in by the hype?! At any rate we've had clear skies and cool evening breezes and I always love a full moon.

Paul

Former Member
Hangover yep, moon ovoid shape due to a battlestar in passing orbit just out of shot though:mrgreen:

slothrop

Cool shop. I live in an urban part of the US; wish I was in a rural part of the country w/out much light pollution to see it. Urbanization and industrialization really killed the beauty and wonder of the night sky for many people.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
This is a magnified screenshot of the Super Moon I made in July with my Fujifilm 1000 bridge camera. Lens at 5000mm.
Screen shot of moon.JPG
Here is the original
Buck Moon 07-12-2014.jpg

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
Holy moon light Batman!