What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two panorama's

Tom Mann

Guru
They look very nice, Foto ... very tranquil.

The thing about panoramas that annoys me these days is that creating one used to require significant knowledge, often specialized software, a camera where you could set the exposure mode to manual, often, a tripod, etc., whereas nowdays, any kid with an iPhone can press the "Pano" button, slowly turn around, and a few seconds later has an astonishingly good panorama in his hands. I love technology and progress, but somehow, it just doesn't seem fair to us old timers who had to sweat to make something that good.

OK... rant over, LOL.

Cheers,

Tom

PS - I like the peaceful feeling that your 2nd image gives me.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
PS - In the interest of full disclosure, I should confess that I have an iPhone and now am using it more often than my big DSLR rig + Pano Tools software to make panoramic images. For example, it took me less than 30 seconds to produce the attached photo (...It really needs to be viewed at full resolution because it's 9000+ pixels wide).

I suppose that advances like this are always a good thing. After all, if someone wants to go back to older technology, they are free to do so.

T

Attachments

• 20140613_110018-iPhone 5s-IMG_3850-LR_to_full_rez_sRGB-ACR-for_web.zip
    10 MB · Views: 1

fotograffiti

Power User
I tried some software on my phone once, but it didn't work like I wanted it.
I make these with full control of my camera then stitch them with the software on my pc.
The thing is you have to remain level at all times; I act as a twopod myself, I don't breathe and I focus on the spots I want to match.