What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new style bird photography

egosbar

Guru
trying out a new style for my bird photography , liking the results seems i come from a painting backround

c and c welcomed , any tips on textures would be appreciated these are my first ones

Attachments

• MJE_1056 texture jpeg.jpg
    MJE_1056 texture jpeg.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 6
  • MJE_1057 texture jpeg.jpg
    MJE_1057 texture jpeg.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 6
  • MJE_1058 texture jpeg.jpg
    MJE_1058 texture jpeg.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 4
  • MJE_1059 texture jpeg.jpg
    MJE_1059 texture jpeg.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 5
  • pee wee  cobar jpeg.jpg
    pee wee cobar jpeg.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 7

Tom Mann

Guru
Those are just gorgeous, Ego! Way to go!

Yours reminds me of the work of a fairly well known contemporary woman photographer (...whose name I've momentarily forgotten) who specializes in putting cityscapes and fantasy-scapes on textured backgrounds (sometimes texturizes the buildings, as well), but, IMHO, yours are less brooding / ominous and more appealing. THIS is not her, but vaguely similar. I'll let you know if I think of her name because I think you might enjoy looking at her work.

Your work strikes me as something Louis Agassiz Fuertes might have done had he lived in the present era. Google { louis agassiz fuertes bird prints }.

+1

Tom M

Excellent work egosbar, love them all. I think the BG of the 4th image is my favorite, it looks like painted clouds.

egosbar

Guru
thanks fellas , yeah everyone loves the fourth one including myself , ill be checking out the link tom thanks , these are my first textured images and im liking the process a lot

ZipedX

Power User
Great work Ego, I find myself coming back to the last one more and more.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm with Ziped - if I had to pick one, it would be the last one. IMHO, it's the most painterly.

Cheers,

Tom M

ZipedX

Power User
I still like the more washed out feel from the first one Ego. Harmonizes better in my opinion.