What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inkpad.t

Guru
At last i have my hands on a DSLR camera with manual operations.... it's a CANON EOS 20D....

No idea how to use it yet but so pleased its a step up from the little point and shoot... it has a lens with it.. don't know what it is just yet... not relay had time to play around with it all.... BUT THE BEST PART IS... it cost me ZERO MONEY.... YEP...ZERO MONEY....

It came from a member of the family... he new I was saving for a camera and that my daughter has started university and also needed a camera so gave to us to keep, also has 3 x flash cards with it, batteries and charger...

SO...SO..HAPPY.

Let you know how it all go's soon as i get chance to use it.

Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats Alan! Can't wait to see the magic that it creates in your capable hands! (How do you like that pressure?)

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Hershey - I Haven't been following all the developments in your camera search, but I just answered a question about lenses for an Olympus 4/3rds system camera in a parallel thread. So did you actually luck out and wind up with two nice used cameras?

Tom

PS - FYI, a lot of people consider mirrorless 4/3rd system cameras to be essentially equivalent to DSLRs and call them both "DSLRs". It isn't quite correct, but it's getting quite common to see this.

Last edited:

hershy314

Guru
Hi Hershey - I Haven't been following all the developments in your camera search, but I just answered a question about lenses for an Olympus 4/3rds system camera in a parallel thread. So did you actually luck out and wind up with two nice used cameras?

Tom

PS - FYI, a lot of people consider mirrorless 4/3rd system cameras to be essentially equivalent to DSLRs and call them both "DSLRs". It isn't quite correct, but it's getting quite common to see this.
I just ended up with the Olympus, the Canon I wanted was no longer available by the time I had the money together.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks everyone... and for sticking me in the pressure cooker Sam....I downloaded an instruction manual for it... that started building the pressure there and then... I got way confused .. with all the settings, don't know whether to start with the auto settings or the P setting or just go straight for the manual setting to get use to how the other settings all go together when its on manual.

I did some checking on line and found this camera is quite old... came out in 2004...and only 8mpxl ... however I have also been told its still a great camera and no complaints from me .. just thanks... for me its wonderful just get hold of a DSLR and so lucky the member of the family ( my wife's cousin ) has gave it to us for free, unbelievable.

I tell you what.. those lenses ant half dear... He gave us a lens with the camera which I believe is called a macro ?.... nice.. but think I need at least 2 others ? ... 1 x wide angle.. and one for zooming ? not quite sure.... maybe just start playing with the camera first ?... but when I get loose and get out of the tower with no restrictions I pelt down the road to get to where I want to go.... Only to find them waiting at the end to put me back for a long time...telling to step back and see what i miss along the way..

Once again... thank you... off to check if i can get some cheap lenses somewhere that will fit this camera.

hershy314

Guru
I got my camera and lens from KEH.com, pretty reasonable prices. I have to send the lens I got now back and get the right one, but for a total of a around $35 (not including shipping) I really can't complain. Just wish I had paid a little more attention when I ordered lol.