What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My wedding Photography in Chennai

MrToM

Guru
Wedding?

Call me old fashioned but isn't it more usual to have the Bride and Groom in at least 1 of the photo's?

Nice as they are, I wouldn't have labelled them 'Wedding' photo's....traditional or otherwise.

Regards.
MrTom.

Tom Mann

Guru
Welcome to PSG, PWilliam.

I agree with Mr. Tom that to make any sort of reasonable judgement about the work of a wedding photographer, one really needs to see some of the expected pix, eg, B&G, posed group shots, etc..

That being said, the one comment I can make is that unless it was your intention to do so, there is too much of an HDR / exaggerated local contrast look to the boy.

It's your call, of course, but FWIW, I'm not a fan of color efx (ie, your sepia toned look), either. My feeling is that such "styles" will become very dated in just a few years (...sort of like the way we now regard bell-bottoms and Afro haircuts from the 60's and 70's or disco clothing, pants suits, etc. from later years), and the B&G will eventually wish they had more conventional, color-accurate / straightforward documentation of this important day in their lives.

OTOH, "styles" are a very personal thing, so, you have to go with what you feel comfortable with, and what you think will please the B&G.

Cheers,

Tom M

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Almost all wedding reception or ceremony pictures are candid takes. Indian weddings are rich in tradition - a chaotic mix of activity, ceremony and emotion. As a Wedding "Jounalist" for such an auspicious occasion, you have to learn how to choose and when to take that perfect shot. The images should tell a story.....

The coconut .... widely used in Hindu ceremony. It would have been better to have taken the shot of the fruit on the ceremonial pot or while being handled by the bride and groom as it is customarily broken and offered on the altar of the deity. On it's own, it doesn't tell much.

Do you have pictures of the fruit being handled by bride and groom? That is one of the important parts of the ceremony. Post some. We would love to see how those came out.