What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire in the sky

Paul

Former Member
Images of smoke from a bush fire down the road, i like how the sky takes on an almost fire like effect with the sun behind the smoke filled clouds.

fireclouds 003.JPG:cool2:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Looks good, Paul. the right place at the right time and conditions.

Maybe with a bit of PS color experimentation, you'ld get a more dramatic look to it?....

But knowing your somewhat dry area, I hope the bush fire doesn't intensify.....

Paul

Former Member
Yeah this was a small one over in the bush, under control now but the winds changed again and it all started blowing the ash and smoke our way, ergo images for here.
I did alter one slightly if anyone wants to have a go they are more than welcome.

fireinthesky.jpg Altered the reds slightly then i did the now old fashioned HDR treatment, the smoke clouds look like fire dancing in the sky now i think.

Tom Mann

Guru
Great pix, Paul! Thanks for posting them. For example, I don't think I've ever seen black shadows above the clouds like in your pix.

As Vee said, hopefully the fires will remain under control.

Tom

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Man..those are hot (no pun intended ). You could probably sell those for stocks. Keep cool :cool2: