What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post photos of recent weather in your area

Tom Mann

Guru
If you have photographed something that shows either typical or unusual weather you have been having in your area, why don't you post it in this thread.

I'll start the thread off with a photo I took yesterday that shows the Potomac River nearly frozen over. I haven't seen it freeze over to this extent in decades. I took this photo just north of Washington, DC, near a place called Great Falls. The turbulence of the falls (not seen in this photo) usually hinders the formation of ice. Yes, this is the same "Washington, DC" that the Brits posted here in the summer used to consider a tropical swamp, at least in years past.

Technical data: Little Canon G16 point and shoot. About 1/2000th of a second at f/4 in the late afternoon light which is finally showing signs of warming up from all the cold winter blue hues. Double click on it for a nice higher rez version.

Since it's been averaging around 0 F to 15 F ( -18 C to about -8 C ) almost every night for the past couple of weeks, if you live near the equator or in the southern hemisphere *please* feel to make those of us who live on the east coast of the USA drool with envy by posting some warm weather scenes. If u live north of me in New England, post some pix of the incredible amounts of snow you have received.

Tom M

Attachments

• IMG_0958-LR_to_full_rez_sRGB-2xnv_3000px_wide-sRGB.jpg
    IMG_0958-LR_to_full_rez_sRGB-2xnv_3000px_wide-sRGB.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Paul

Former Member
rock 008.JPG 400km from our house due south-east, a place called wave rock, a rock formation created by rain and then wind, Aboriginals call it Mulka.
Forgot to add it was 46c that day my head and back was burned and i tan usually.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Paul, the image in #3 could have been taken from around here, except we don't have as many trees!

Why are you driving on the wrong side of the highway? :rofl:

CPR

While the rest of the country freezes in place - in Florida yesterday it was 75 degrees Fahrenheit in my back yard.
The sky is filled with contrails from passenger jets trying to get some of the backlog of passengers home.

Attachments

• Sky--Contrails.jpg
    Sky--Contrails.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 1

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Nice feet :rofl:

Paul

Former Member
rock 024.JPG From the top of wave rock looking out into the outback across from the wheatbelt district.

Paul

Former Member
rock 035.JPG At the top are some large rocks with a few trees and some very long and nasty brown snakes, so i managed to get this shot before they chased me off.

Paul

Former Member
He must qualify for this thread because he is thinking about the weather. :rofl:

T

Very hot day mate, came over to us for some food and water as we had both on the go, this is as relevant to the weather as Steve's go rib him with a sarcastic side swipe why don't you Tom?

Tom Mann

Guru
Sounds like a plan, Paul. :)
Steve - I'll see your one pair (of feet) with a pair of red ears. Take that, all you snowbirds that can't take the cold. :rofl:

T

Attachments

• IMG_0938-LR_to_1200px_sRGB-xnv_698px_wide-sRGB-for_web.jpg
    IMG_0938-LR_to_1200px_sRGB-xnv_698px_wide-sRGB-for_web.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 17

Tom Mann

Guru
I figured you'd post something that would just blow the socks off of everyone else ... and you did!

Look on the bright side: with the days getting longer, there's no way these cycles of snow can last, so just hang in there for a couple more weeks and it will be over ... well, maybe not ... then you get into mud and melt season.

:)

Tom M