What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hershy314

Guru
I'm currently on vacation in Benton KY, one of my fave. places to visit. Wish I could visit more often, hell I wish I could move back here. Anyway I thought I would share a couple photos I've taken since I got here.

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg_MG_6014q.jpg
_MG_6058q.jpg]
I'm on vacation for about 3 weeks so I will post more, specially this weekend.

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Nice!! in my opinion some are a little bit subexposed and need some focus, i see a little bit of cian dominant.

Cheers!

Paul

Former Member
Cool car i feel some chopping coming on if thats ok?

Tom Mann

Guru
Hershey, in the 2nd and 3rd pix that you posted, the greens and other colors are very cool, not the typical yellow-green of a bright summer day. The problem is that we can't read your mind, so we can't tell if this is the look you wanted to give them, or you would prefer to have a more conventional color balance.

I've seen portfolios in which the photographer intentionally maintained a cool theme throughout. It supported the emotion of the content of the photos and was very effective. OTOH, for most people, if their family snaps came out looking like this, they would be very unhappy

Could you say something about your intent?

Cheers,

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
PS - A similar question applies to the tilted horizon in these photos. Some photographers intentionally tilt the horizon to introduce a feeling of tension. Was this your intent?

hershy314

Guru
The look in the first 3 photos I posted I was trying something different. I knew the photos weren't much to look at it straight from the camera, so I tried to give them a little more visual punch. I go the idea from a tutorial from tutvid.com on youtube. He called it a video game effect. As far as the tilting goes, I didn't do that on purpose. I have no idea how that happened. I kinda like it on the second photo.

hershy314

Guru
_MG_6323.jpg
This is a hood of a 36 Chevy coupe. I thought the louvers was a nice touch so I got a pic of them, I thought the rain on the hood added something more to the shot. It was raining on and off the whole weekend. Yes I do have a photo of the whole car.

_MG_6371.jpg
1934 Ford roadster. I had to be quick to get this shot, it was getting ready to rain again and the owner was getting ready to put a car cover on it. I'm sure if I had time I could of takin a better pic. Given the time constraint I'm pretty happy with it.

Tom Mann

Guru
Re the "video game effect" & slightly tilted horizon, I like it -- I feel like I'm going to run into a mob of zombies any minute! This is exactly why I asked about your intent - it looked like one of the classic color grading effects applied to video. Doing conventional color correction and straightening on these images would completely remove the desired creepy feeling.

Cheers,

Tom

hershy314

Guru
While I was in St Louis talking to my DR I went out and took some photos. Only thing I have these days that I get some enjoyment out of.
_MG_7040c.jpg
Night shot of City Hall in my home town.
_MG_7074.jpg
train tracks nearby city hall
_MG_7092.jpg
Historic Amtrak Station in the same town. This photo and the one of the tracks I turned to black and white cause I felt they was a bit boring in color.