What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argos

Guru
After a really long time without taking the camera, i decided to go to the street and make some photos, so any comment and critique are welcome, i need a lot of practice XD

This one is not in the street, is just a casual photo i take to my father in the terrace, natural light, i want him to look the most natural posible, so i didn't prepare him to pose or anithyng, we were just talking.

IMG_1609r.jpg

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great photo! I like the centered depth of focus. Not fond of the filter.

It's a nice shot Argos, very natural looking , though his eyes tell a story of difficult stretches in his life.

Another thing is that the image lacks contrast, the deepest shadows look dark grey instead of black.
This could be your monitor, that needs calibrating.

IMG_1609r chrisdesign.jpg

Can you see the difference how I corrected the image?

Argos

Guru
Yes i can see chrish, the lack of contrast was a choice, i made the retouch of the photo based on the expresion in his eyes, to me the eyes express melancholia, the contrast you made, for me express more toughness than melancholia. To me with that contrast loss part of the message, but maybe i'm wrong XD.

Thx both for the comments,

Argos

Guru
By the way i just notice, you used the preview image that lose contrast, color etc in your example. By clicking twice on the preview you can see the original full quality.