What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create Camera Raw droplet?

SeniorS

Guru
Hello!

I'm trying to create droplet to open image in Camera Raw.
(I don't want to set preferences to open every file in it automaticly.)
Open As works of course but main idea for is to put that droplet in context (or how it correct to write) menu so i can click right mouse button and choose Open With -> Camera Raw.

From several manuals i've read it looks posible but it don't work for me somehow.

Till now i tried. Create Action with one Open As (Camera Raw) file with default settings. Then create droplet from that action. I tried togle dialog on and off. But first, i can't get rid of opening image which was recorded. And second it didn't showed me Camera Raw dialog for other image which was dropet on that droplet.

So question is how to make normal working droplet for Camera Raw which opens it's settings and don't try to find where was recorder image?
And i hope it'll work for context menu too.

If something is understandable, please ask, i'll try find other words for explanation.

Steve

Retired Administrator
I don't use droplets but it's a desktop icon linked to an action.
Drop an image, or 100 images on a droplet and they're automatically processed.

If I understand your question you want your Droplet to start in ACR.
I don't think you can completely automate the process.

Here's what I think might work, I haven't tried it.

You can edit your 1st image in ACR, make your adjustments, save them as a preset, and then set those settings as the "New Raw Camera Defaults".
Then continue to Photoshop and record your action and create the droplet.

The problem is if you drop 10 images on the droplet, you'll have to click on Open Image for each image in ACR, not totally automated.

When done you can set ACR back to default, you still have the preset saved if you need it.

Hoogle

Guru
mmm I am not sure exactly what your asking but I dont have my preferences set to open up in camera raw everytime i load an image. But when I want to open up in camera raw I Just browse either through adobe bridge which lets you right click any image and open up in raw or even in photoshop if you have mini bridge open you can then just right click the image in mini bridge within photoshop and tell it to open up in raw.

SeniorS

Guru
I don't think you can completely automate the process.
I don't want automate that process.

Main idea is to put open with Camera Raw to context menu (right mouse click on image).
Just to have that option if i'll need it.

Then continue to Photoshop and record your action and create the droplet.
This part i don't understand.
I tried to record Open As (Camera Raw) but action records and saves that info about image i opened.

But when I want to open up in camera raw I Just browse either through adobe bridge which lets you right click any image and open up in raw or even in photoshop if you have mini bridge open you can then just right click the image in mini bridge within photoshop and tell it to open up in raw.
I almost don't use Bridge. And at first time it looked easy to create such droplet.

Anyway thanks for your time guys.