What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Problem with transform in action

theone1979

Hello
then i try to record a action to insert my logo to a image i do this

i start with open a image this in portrait
use automate fit image to make sure that is no bigger then 800x800px
and then i place my logo in and under size i say 140px wide.

and i all look good but is i open a other image there may be in landscape and run the action the logo is not 140 wide.

i found out that is because transform dont record how many pixels you type, it converted in to % and there for the size get wrong..

in there any way get to be 140 % wide every time (getting it to record it in PX)

designpositive.sk

Hello the one.

I've been challenging a similar issue while scanning and auto-adjusting film negatives and
came up with solution that takes only 4 steps in addition. The idea is to set fixed canvas
size at the begining
, large enough to contain all the future images, and crop it back at the
end. Therefore the transformation stays fixed even if saved as percentage.

Action:
1 - doubleclick the background in LAYERS pellete
2 - Image / canvas size (e.g. 3000x3000 px)
... - do the transformation
3 - ctrl+click the thumbnail of background layer in LAYERS pellete
4 - Image / Crop

Hope this helps.

F :)

(to admins: the registration takes like forever to answer one neaty question)

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome designpositive.

Open your very own Hello post. That way others can greet you. Others may not see your dubut post if done within other threads.

You can include your portfolio links in your signature after you have achieved the required 10 posts.

The site is experiencing some sluggishness lately. I guess that's the reason why you're experiencing a bit of difficulty registring.

Cheers.

Last edited:

costisefu

I also noticed this problem since Photoshop CS3. Photoshop CS2 records pixels while CS3 records percent.
I still use CS2 just for this issue.