What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Diptych Action or solid color (for vertical images) that fits for all image sizes.

hollyphoto

I'm trying to create a diptych action that also works on vertical images by putting a solid/texture color on the left/right or top/bottom. I can successful do this to one image, but when i record it as an action, it doesn't work for other images because of the varying sizes. I'd rather not set a specific size for the action as I'd like to apply it to any image size.

I've been using the canvas size anchor points, maybe this is where I'm going wrong because it sets a specific constraint? Any help would be appreciated!

colleague

Guru
Re: Diptych Action or solid color (for vertical images) that fits for all image sizes

you have to set a relative size of 100 % to double the canvas-size

canvas.jpg

hollyphoto

Re: Diptych Action or solid color (for vertical images) that fits for all image sizes

Thank you so much! Your response was greatly appreciated and understood! Wish I had thought of the percent concept instead of pixels, makes perfect sense. I'm finding that I can create something, but creating an action requires some extra thinking.