What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Actions add "copy" to filename - can someone help ASAP?

Ssszipper

I'm using CS6 on a Mac

Problem: Every time the action plays the save as adds " copy" to the filename despite this new file being the only one of that name in the folder.

Question: Is there a way to simply tell CS6 not to add "copy"? It didn't add it when I recorded the actions.

My process: I have a few files open (with layers and paths) that I recorded actions and save as to a different folder. I play that action (it makes changes to some layers and saves in different folder) then I choose a different action (again it makes changes and saves in to still different folder). I do this umpteen times, and I need to be able to keep all the layers and paths intact in my original psd files (flatten might solve the "copy" problem but I still need those layers). I also CANNOT change the file name one iota. I am dealing with hundreds of photos on a deadline.

I'm new to this site and to posting - I usually just look for answers and someone's usually already asked. :) I hope I did this correctly, let me know if I need to change anything or explain better. I looked for previous posts on this but did not see an answer. If I missed it please show me.

SR Ssszipper

Ssszipper

I just realized that when I use the Save As command and change to a jpg, the "As a Copy" box automatically gets checked and is greyed out. If there was a way to change this it would solve everything I think!

SR Ssszipper