What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Actions (change colors)

Jure Gabrov

Hello,

i wonder if there could be make an action, for coloring specific parts of my psd file.

So for example, i have 5 different objects which i want to color. I want to color them with 4 different colors(green, yellow,blue,black). But that i do not do every object by object i want that photoshop will color them for me. So that the action make object one green object two yellow object three blue.....than object one yellow, object two blue,...and so one till all combinations of colors are not used.
So that i just have to choose colors and actions do for me all combinations and save them for me.

Is there any option to do such action? I will be very grateful if anyone could help me with the problem.

Thank you very much for help

Hi Jure,

Your workflow is best known by you, therefore it makes sense for you to record your own action rather than try to describe it to someone else.

You can easily record a new 'Action' from the Actions panel:

1. First create an action 'Set' by clicking the 'Create new set' icon. (4th from left).
2. Name your set say something like "Jure's Sets". You can then create any actions you record into this set.
3. Click the 'Create new action' icon. (5th from left).
4. Name your action. The 'Set' should be the one you just created, by default.
5. Click the 'Record' button. (Note the red 'record' button at the bottom of the palette).

Everything you now do in Photoshop will be recorded as a 'step', these are only recorded when they happen, not continuously.

6. Click the 'Stop playing/recording' icon, (1st from left), to stop recording your actions. You can press 'Record' again to continue if you need.
7. You can now use this action in any further documents you want.

There are lots of things you can do with an action once its recorded, save it out to an .act file, edit the action, delete it, move it to another set, etc. etc. but its best you search the net for further info as there is too much to explain it all here.

Regards.
MrTom.

Back