What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two targets file save

nachofrades

I would like to know how can I save my work to two disks at a time, is it possible?

Thanks!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Need some more information so nothing is left to assumption.

What disks? Disk drives?

If your creating an action, start recording, you would save once to disk A, then save again designating a new destination to disk B. Stop recording.

If you want to save them simultaneously without an action, then look here...

https://www.google.com/#q=save+to+two+disks+simultaneously

Unless your on a mac then Time Machine will backup A to B.

Last edited:

nachofrades

Sorry, I explain:

I work on PC :rofl:, I have one internal WD disk (1.5 TB), and one external (USB3) WD disk (2 TB) for non cloud based backup. (plus cloud based backup of course, it's a PC).

Thanks a lot IamSam, I have created the action and it works, I was looking for an automated script, but I will create manually each action for each project...

Thanks again!

Tom Mann

Guru
Do you know about RAID arrays?

I could be wrong, but I think that is exactly what you are asking for (except you probably don't want the drives to be physically in the same box).

Thoughts?

Tom

Tom Mann

Guru
Unfortunately, again, I didn't have time to complete my thoughts when I posted my last message.

To elaborate a bit, my thought was that you want a system that essentially emulates a conventional RAID 1 system except that one of the drives is "in the cloud" (ie, remote, but a drive letter can be assigned as if it was a local, physical drive).

There are several software products that can do this. The first that comes to mind is: ViceVersa Pro .

Although I use this product, I only used it to automatically (and incrementally) backup one local drive to another local drive, not a remote drive, but they state:

"ViceVersa works between computers, e.g. Laptop, Desktop, Workstation, Server, over network LAN, WAN, VPN, USB, and with any type of storage media including external Hard Disk, Zip disk, USB flash drive, CD-RW, DVD, NAS (Network Attached Storage)."

"Auto run on folder content change, real-time. Real two-way file synchronization: if a change occurs in either location, it is reflected on the other side."

so, I think it should do exactly what you want.

HTH,

Tom M

PS - If this doesn't work for you, I'm pretty sure there are several other similar products on the market.

nachofrades

Its more simple I think, I explain: I have two physical disks, and one cloud backup solution (CrashPlan) , I have it configured to backup each day all the disk, I only wanted a solution for save files to two physical destinations, I have done an action that resolves this with one touch pad button (F12), and the only downside is that I have to make an action for each project, but this not seem to be a big trouble for me.

Tom Mann

Guru
Ahh. You're right. It is more simple than I thought. It's just like in my case, your destination is local, not remote.

The software I mentioned above will work for this as well. Just use the option to "auto-run on folder content change" and it should automatically and quickly mirror any change in your 1st local drive to your 2nd local drive, and you won't ever have to write another action ever again, LOL.

Tom

Tom Mann

Guru
PS - This company used to offer a free trial period. If they are still doing it, you can make sure it works for you before you buy it.

Tom

Tom Mann

Guru
PPS - ViceVersa Pro has lots of other options that might be useful to you. For example, you can set it up so that every time you modify a file on your source drive, it keeps adding the various changed versions to your destination drive, each with a slightly different file name. OTOH, if you want the destination drive to keep only the latest copy, you can set it to do that, as well.

Tom