What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation Can you batch or automate a series of batch files

Elliot Jolesch

I am relatively new to Photoshop though I have been using some of the simple commands for years.

I am currently using CC PS on a MacBook Air

I am trying to determine if it's possible to automate a series of batch files (i.e. batch some batch files).

Here is what I am trying to do -

I work with a company that shoots portraits at events on greenscreen.

The files are sent to me, I load them, reduce the size of the image (using Photo Mechanic) and then process for the Green Screen using Easy Green Screen Software.

I then add backgrounds, usually 4-6 different ones for each image.

With some assistance from another more advanced user I have created several batch files.
The first one converts the raw images into greenscreened processed images.
Then Batch Files A,B,C,D, etc. take the greenscreened processed image and adds the background and saves each file with a name appended with a letter for the background.

What I would like to be able to do, to speed up my time, is to batch all of the batch files, so the Green Screen Batch file would run, followed by the Background A, followed by Backgound B, etc.

I can not figure out how to do this or even if it's possible from within Photoshop.

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Elliot

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Elliot

Typically one creates an Action and then uses that with the either the File>Automate>Batch command or the File > Scripts > Image processor command either of which can process multiple files.

I believe to achieve what you want, the Action would need to contain the commands to Save files. Then, you can create an Actin that calls each original Action in series.

This new Action can then be used with the Batch or Image Processor command and it will feed the desired images into your fully automated workflow.

So with some rework of your Actions what you want to do would be possible.

Hope this helps.