What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation Need help on automation/ batch/ actions

w1lz

Hi There,

Glad I found tis forum!

Desperately need help on a way to automate school photography proof cards. Each image taken at a school needs to be placed on proof card, I'm tying to find out if I automate this process with photoshop! Please see proof this as an example: http://www.picture-perfect.biz/Images/Page_Images/Proof card.jpg . So as you can see, each image will need to be placed in the same spot and saved, is there a way automate this?!

Thank you in advance
Will

hawkeye

Guru
I assume you want the main proof image to be reflected in all the areas. If that is the case use smart objects. Copy a smart object layer multiple times then arrange and transform them to fit. When you replace the contents on any single layer, all of them will change.

w1lz

hi Hawkeye thanks for your response!

I only actually need the large image to change all the others will just be astandard photo. So I just need something that can place each photo in thatlarge photo spot, then save close and repeat for all of the images.

Thanks,

Will

hawkeye

Guru
hi Hawkeye thanks for your response!

I only actually need the large image to change all the others will just be astandard photo. So I just need something that can place each photo in thatlarge photo spot, then save close and repeat for all of the images.

Thanks,

Will

If that's the case then look up Variables and Data Sets in the help files.It's a bit difficult to explain here, but it will do what you want.

hawkeye

Guru
If you want to get more creative here is one on the Smart Object method:

Last edited:

w1lz

Hawkeye- Thank you so much for this, it looks to be what I needed, going to do some tests! Thank you for all your help!

w1lz

Hawkeye do you know if there is a way to automate the smart object process by using automate > batch or something similar. I need something that does it itself, I was hoping automate would help me. Didn't know if I could create an action which showed it what to do or something?

hawkeye

Guru
I really can't say without knowing your exact setup and the extent of automation you're trying to achieve. With the smart object method I suggested, you only need to replace the contents of one layer and it will be reflected in all the others.