What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scripting Where I can find photoshop script examples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedromarques

Adobe offers several PDFs with some information regarding scripts.
My journey about scripts has started 5 years ago, when I was a photo-editor.

That journey still continues nowadays, I have even invented my own job in the company and I do only programming for photoshop, bridge, etc.
It was not easy to get all the info I needed and much of the help I got, was from other script developers on the Adobe script forums.

For a team of 20 studios, 24 photo-editors, and a huge amount of images to shoot and edit (more than 6000 images per day), scripts are really, really important.
Some people are building scripts to try to make money, some for work (my case) and some just for fun and personal use.

Info about scripts

Forums of users (requires email login registration, or adobe ID)
photoshop script forum
bridge script forum
indesign script forum
coding-corner forum (creation of adobe app extensions, etc)

PDFs available
(download the version you use, then search the pdf docs in the folders)
(there are a bunch of scripts available to start studying and testing. Ask questions in the forums to the other users. The answers come from other users like you, and rarely from adobe)
photoshop/sdk
bridge/sdk
indesign/sdk

thebestcpu

Guru
You weren't very specific of the purpose or type of script for which you were looking. A location of PS scripts close to home is right on your computer. The file path for scripts is under Presets under the PS application. On my mac the path is: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Presets/Scripts

There are a lot there and here is the cut and paste of that folder on my Mac using PS CC 2015. No doubt windows is about the same. Note there are a couple folders there that have a good number under them as well. Hope this is helpful:

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 12.20.56 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.