What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating 3 resized images from 1 file, and saved in same location.

TheHulk

I am trying to create an automated way to take 1 RAW, and save 3 resized jpgs in the same location. I am having trouble with file name over writing issues within the action.

Should I create 3 individual Actions, and then make a way for an image/batch process to play them simultaneously? Or is there a way to resize and save the file 3 ways in the creation of 1 action?

I already know how to make the resizing actions, just need guidance on saving/naming conventions.

I will take any advice and guidance.

Thanks!

Tom Mann

Guru
You may not be aware of this, but creating multiple sized final products is one of the functions that Adobe Lightroom is know for, and for which it is praised to the heavens by photographers. The only limitation (LOL) is that it is not completely automated: It will require you to do three button clicks -- one for each different size you want (with any number of starting RAW files/images). This is why pro photographers who deal with large numbers of images on a daily basis use LR.

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
You will use a feature of LR called "export presets". You will creat a separate preset for each of your three image destinations / purposes. The preset contains information on the destination folder (....yes, all three can be the same ...), the dimensions of the desired image in pixels, as well a huge number of other settings.

Here's video introduction to LR export presets:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/export-presets-settings-plug-ins.html

And here is an article that shows the settings in the "Export" dialog box:
http://www.clickinmoms.com/blog/exporting-from-lightroom/

HTH,

Tom M