What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I export 35 layers as jpgs in one shot

mikecox

I have 35 numbered layers, each an individual page for a photo book. I want to export each layer as a jpg image so I can load them into the photo book module in Lr. Is it possible to batch the task? I tried Export, but that didn't seem to be the answer.

MrToM

Guru
Yes.

Use FILE > SCRIPTS > EXPORT LAYERS TO FILES

It should be self explanatory from there on. :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
Not that it really matters now but your images are not showing in your last post.

I'd be interested to know where you found the script though.....it ships with PS and has always been in the preset 'Scripts' folder.....very odd.

Regards.
MrToM.

mikecox

Thanks!. I wasn't in Scripts though.:eek:

View attachment 64268

I found it here instead.

View attachment 64269

I'm not sure why the attached images failed to display. Maybe it's because I was in quick reply? I'll try attaching them again.

This is where you said the option would be.

Scripts.jpg

This is where I found it.

Scripts 2.jpg

I have no idea why that is the case; I'm using Ps CC, which is kept very current.

MrToM

Guru
Ah...I see what's happening.

You appear to be using CC 2015 which is the latest version, (Going by your images, Save for Web (Legacy) in 'Export' is the big clue here..!!)

CC 2015 really messed things around...I mean why look under 'Export' for "Save For Web..."? Makes no sense to me but I'm sure the powers at Adobe have their reasons.

I guess the location of the preset scripts has also changed just to keep everyone guessing.

Sorry about that, it wasn't initially obvious what version of PS you were using.

I nearly fell for it as there IS a plain 'CC' version.....but its totally different and those scripts are where I stated......but in CC 2015 they moved everything around.

CC 2014 is the last version that had things in logical places.

Anyway....at least you found it....lets hope it does what you want after all that.

Regards.
MrToM.

mikecox

Ah...I see what's happening.

You appear to be using CC 2015 which is the latest version, .
Yes, I keep it current with CC, which updates Ps and Lr whenever an update occurs. I just created a Sig with that information in it, so there won't be any confusion in the future.
But I've always wondered why it called CC 2015, and not just CC. Now that updates come all the time there won't be any more "Upgrades", just updates. Will it be Ps CC 2015 forever now?

Anyway....at least you found it....lets hope it does what you want after all that.
It absolutely did! Flawlessly and fast.
Thanks for you help!

MrToM

Guru
...But I've always wondered why it called CC 2015, and not just CC...
They are still different versions regardless...

CC (14.0), was released in June 2013...
CC (14.2), Jan 2014...
CC 2014 (15) June 2014...
CC 2014.2.2 Dec 2014...
CC 2015 (16) June 2015...
CC 2015.1 (16.1) Nov 2015

ALL the above are 'CC' but each version is different from the last....hence its important to state which 'CC' version you use.

If you just state 'CC' then that's what I personally would expect you to be using.....the very first June 2013 release.

As we've proved here, stating just 'CC' threw me when trying to explain where things are....it was only from your screen shot and the fact that 'Save For Web (Legacy)...' was under the 'Export' menu that gave it away that you were in fact using 'CC 2015'.

Anyway......at least you got it sorted, and that's the main thing.

Regards.
MrToM.