What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS4 Droplet

JASOG

Hi Guys.

New to the forum. I have a problem creating a photoshop droplet. I am using CS4, which is a "universal" application. However, when I try to create an actions droplet, it saves it as a "powerPC" file. PowerPC files are not usable on my system. Is there a reason why it is saving as a powerPC file, and is there a method to make it save as a universal file?

Thanks in advance.

JASOG

I'm not a Mac user but a quick google search found this...

1. Click the Finder icon on the dock.
2. On the top menu click Go -> Go to Folder…
3. Type in ~/Library/Preferences and press Enter.
4. Find the file com.apple.LaunchServices.plist
5. Move the file to the Trash.

Regards.
MrToM.

Thanks for your reply MrToM. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to solve this issue. It still creates a powerPC droplet file for some reason.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I found this HERE:

If you were running on a PPC mac and upgraded to an Intel Mac, droplets require the use of Rosetta to be able to run some PPC code that the droplets still use. If you do not have Rosetta running/enabled you would automatically have a problem with droplets created in any version of PS before 12.0.

Droplets in Photoshop CS4 and earlier rely on code for PPC (Power PC) processors (used by Apple G4, G5 computers) to run.

Droplets in the initial release of Photoshop CS5 also rely on code for PPC (Power PC) processors (used by Apple G4, G5 computers) to run.

Apple no longer supports or includes Rosetta with Mac OS X 10.7, which is required to run PPC code on Macintosh computers with Intel processors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks IamSam. I have now realised that a droplet really isn't necessary. All I need to do is record my actions, then view as buttons. Then, by clicking the button, it does exactly the same thing as I had expected the droplet to do. So all a fuss about nothing by me. :lol: Thanks for your help guys. I'm sure there will be another problem around the corner, and I will be back! :)

Back