What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions free photoshop cs5 fire action

Michael1980

Hi I hope it's the right place
I am seeking for an photoshop action with realistic fire to put on text and perhaps photos or shapes.

Because I only use it for my own private things such as a poster to my nephew and stuff, then it has to be for free.

can anyone help me out where to find it

Michael1980

thanks a lot. I have allready tried that one, or at least one very similar to. the pics of the final result where the same and it wasn't a good action. therefore I seek a free fire action for photoshop. and also bacause it is just for some private playing around for fun.

fredfish

Guru
When you say not very good - do you mean the quality was bad or that they didn't give you the type of fire effect you are after?

That action is for fairly intense "fire burst" type fire - if you want more of a licking flame type of effect I can understand why you didn't like the result.

Perhaps an image that shows the type of fire effect you are after would help.

Cheers

John

Michael1980

I mean some of the steps are filled with falls so the outcome doesnt loke like the pictures of the effect. I want to use the fire action to do such things and to combine with the charcoil text effect so it seems like the bottom are glowing charcoil and the top are flames

14441032_10210299854872966_8342592825112323962_n.jpg

fredfish

Guru
Thanks Sam. A couple of great resources there!!

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
Even better - I do like to know how!

Thanks again.

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
thanks a lot. itis that action, that dont qiet work for me.
Is it the action that's not working or the effect that it's creating?

I suspect that no action is going to work, your going to have to add the fire without it.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
well during the steps tha action runs is says it is missing something several times.
That action was the only free action I managed to find. If it's not going to work for you, then you should seriously consider one of the paid actions. I didn't see any that cost over $6.00 US. That's pretty cheap. Otherwise, you may have to resort to adding the fire effect without an action. Sorry that I was not much help.

Michael1980

thanks alot. I just hoped to find an action that worked. I wont spend money at it, while its just for fun and maybe one or two times I will use it. I guess I will have to create fire on my own from some tutorials on how to

fredfish

Guru
I agree that the action that Sam mentioned isn't the best written action. (But it is a good effect).

The problem with it appears to be the naming of the layers - for example (and I cant find any instructions that tell you to do this) you have to rename the layer that you want to apply the fire effect to to "area" or the action will stall immediately.

You will also find that it will stall a little way later on through the process for the same reason - though I don't know at this time what the layer needs to be renamed to as I haven't had time to investigate properly.

You could run the action in step by step mode (select playback options from the actions menu) and look to see which steps are causing the problems. This has the bonus effect of beginning to see more clearly how the action actually works - but it will take a little time. You may think it is worth it to get to use a free action.

Sams other post with links to tutorials on how to do it yourself will also be an excellent way of developing your (and to be honest my!) knowledge.

Best of luck!!

Cheers

John