What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Anyone know of a Contact Shadow Action??

John Casey

I have been searching for a Contact Shadow action (similar to the one Apple Pages has for placing a small contact shadow at the feet of a person inserted onto a page). I want to have a small soft shadow placed at the feet of person that is extracted and on it's own layer, and placed onto another layer, or preferable carried with the person's layer at their feet. This way you can move them around ant they carry their shadow with them as you move them on the background layer. I can do it all manually but if there's an action, I would gladly purchase it (I'm not after a freebie)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello John and welcome to PSG.

Not sure what a contact shadow is exactly, I assume it's meant as a shadow showing contact to the ground. Is there any chance you could post an example?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nevermind, I looked it up. It's just not a term I've used, I usually just say shadow but I can see where the term could be useful in identifying parts of a shadow.

I will check on the possibility of an action for creating 'contact' shadows.

John Casey

image.tiff

Thanks, It's not a term I've used before either, but it's just a subtle shadow that gives realism to a person on a background.

image.tiff