What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation A little help please.

Jackofallapps

I'm trying to crop multiple image from center out to 800px x 570px wide. at 72 dpi. Images may start out as cmyk or rgb with various resolutions, when I set crops in actions it doesn't go off center point. Is there a way to specify a specific size in your script?

Isac

Banned
To crop from the central position, hold down SHIFT and ALT. To have an action do this on multiple images, have them loaded as layers in one document and all centred with the background image.
1. Load the first image and crop to 800px X 570px @ 72 PPI.
2. Drag and drop all other images into the same document. They will be sized to fit the first image. You'll have to PLACE each image as they load by pressing RETURN. Select all layers and RASTERIZE them.
3. Record a new action and do the following.
a. Select the crop tool and set it to 800 x 570.
b. Hold down SHIFT + ALT and drag a corner handle to where you want the crop to be affected. It will stay centred on your document.
c. Press ENTER to do the crop
d. STOP the action recording.
ALL DONE!
I hope this is what you need.