What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Can't get to work action

fotograffiti

Power User
Can't get action to work

anyone familiar with this one http://mediamilitia.com/removing-a-white-background-with-photoshop-actions/ I tried and tried, followed all the instructions, but I leaves me with a photo that still has the white bckgr or it removes part of the actual subject like this appel.jpg I'm testing different ways of removing white background to find the easiest one for my son, who needs it for school

Last edited:
Re: Can't get action to work

This action actually wont work very well on anything that is more than a single color. That is why you are running into this issue, it appears as if it uses channels to make a selection then fills said selection with a color. Counter intuitive in your case.

What other options have you explored thus far as far as removing the white background?

fotograffiti

Power User
Well, as it is, he often has to put artists on posters, therefore he needs to get rid of the white backgrounds on the photo's provided.
This is an example
0608koenw.jpg

the white shirt makes it more difficult, but of course not all photo's are like that. He has hardly any knowledge of Photoshop, so he needs a quick method that will leave him with a clean image.
I don't understand why I can't do it, after all, I did it often enough, but some settings seem to be wrong.
I also doubt whether they provide a graphic's tablet so selecting with mouse is very time consuming and difficult