What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is " Hide layer Brightness/Contrast 1" over layer "Layers 1" over layer "Curves

sfleury

Hello
I downloaded a set of Photoshop actions
They are in english, but my Photoshop (CS6) is in french
So, i try to "translate" the action : stopping at the unrecognized command and recording the same action in french
It worl=ks fine for almost all the commands

But today, I met a new problem :

I have 4 Laers, from bottom to top : "Base" , "Brightness/Contrast 1", "Layers 1" and "Curves 1"

The command i need to "translate" is something like " Hide layer Brightness/Contrast 1" over layer "Layers 1" over layer "Curves 1"

I don't see what operation is done through this command - I tried different things, but nothing comes close to it

Any idea ?

Thanks

Re: What is " Hide layer Brightness/Contrast 1" over layer "Layers 1" over layer "Cu

Hi, lots of times steps in Actions are used for a certain step and then hidden in later steps once their use is no longer needed. All depends on how long the script is. Just a wild guess since I don't know the whole script but I would think that possibly the Brightness/Contrast control was used, then a new layer was made from that look, then the Brightness/Contrast was hidden since it was no longer needed. I could be way off on that guess but I am sure that it is something like that.

Re: What is " Hide layer Brightness/Contrast 1" over layer "Layers 1" over layer "Cu

Thank you for your answer
As i understand that it could be just "hiding" a layer (and thus no real action executed), I'll remove this step and see what happens !

Thanks again

Hi, I wouldn't just remove the step. I am sure that the Brightness/Contrast was used in a previous step and now it is no longer needed. If you just remove the step then the Brightness/Contrast may still be applied to the image. Hard to say of course without seeing all the steps.

Back