What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Gurus Official Logo Re-Design Contest $200 to the Winner!

I don't think that coverting would work good on tricky gradient or will but result will not be scalable with same quality (which is point of all of it).

Sorry all for my little hysterical behavior just that was shock plus trying jump above head plus unsleeped nights consumed all mental power.
Now i think that illustrator is useable only that will be like "learn illustrator in 10minutes" course.
And vector demand is reasonable but that would have to be in first post (and now it is).

You can still use Photoshop to do it, just don't rely on raster elements in your design.
Is that even posible? If i understand right then any mask used on layer (even if it's vector type) will count as raster element. And i don't know how to make little shadings/lightnings without masks.

Well, yes, I suppose I do have most of it in vector come to think about it. I would only have to change a few things then I guess. If I am able to make all the things in the different layers vectors, how would I then flatten it to send in? In what format? or should you send in the psd with all the layers intact?

Oh this is just to confusing for me, i will stick to learning the basics first and playing around with gifs (LIZaaaard) lol.

For me it's become obstinacy (if google translated right).
That's Adobe product (illustrator), so what i couldn't get it like in 2 days? :)

P.S. I wanted to learn IL but didn't thought that it will be so extreme (without any foreplay :D).

what's a vector o_O

Let me see if I understand this correctly.... If I were to trace around a bitmap object with the pen tool, and then fill it with a layer style, would this automatically become a vector image? What happens if you paint into a shape you have made with the pen tool? Will the color become part of the vector? Oh this is confusing...

What happens if you paint into a shape you have made with the pen tool?
If you mean stroke then it's not vector.
If you not sure is that object vector then make new image with it and scale iamge size for like 1000% if its still smooth and precise then that's vector if not then not.

P.S. If you have text layer then they don't fit too even if they are vectors (i think). Of course i could be wrong but text have to be outlined (costumer couldn't have specific font) and PS don't provide automatic vector outlining. Another pain in the....
Solution is make text things in IL and outline then there and paste it as Shape in PS (if they accept psd files anyway)

So...i did it! Remade one in Illustrator.
That was so fun, so much new information :)

Anyway i'll try to submit that to 99desing to see how it works.
And there isn't much time left actually (personally i have to spent weekend at countryside and "loose" 2 days) so at least will have official entry :yourock:

LoL ... :shocked:

NOONE didn't noticed that i made GURU instead of GURUS???????

I did't either luckuly wife asked why other made with S and you don't?

P.S. Not the first time i mistaken spelling and letters :D

Hi! I have now been able to make all the parts of my try on the logo into vectors (I think). I have used the text tool, shapes, and layer styles. These are all vectors right? Now what I´m wondering is : how do I flatten it, or shouldn´t I? What format would you save this in? I think that if I put the layers together as usual the whole thing will be rasterized automatically? Or doesn´t it?

DO NOT FLATTEN save with layers to be able to edit if need be, you can save a flattened version but use "save as" function to flatten it

Thank you Idad, ok, I won´t flatten besides a "save as" version, but I don´t understand how they want to have things submitted in that contest, do you upload a PSD with the layers intact? I am also beginning to wonder about the whole thing. I became a member there and recieved an activation e-mail and then a welcome e-mail, now it seems that I´m not a member for some reason, and no one is anwering my questions there. Also, in the contest thing, it says that the contest is "Unhealthy", that seems weird to me.

I doubt that my Logo would have a chance in h*** of winning anyway, I just thought it might be fun to try, now it´s just beginning to be a pain.

I've never dealt with 99 before but I suggest sending a pm to admin for some advise about what's up

I have made several different kinds of logos now, I think I have been able to make everything out of vectors (shapes,text, etc.) I still don´t know how to would submit them though, do you send in the whole PSD?

Anyway, one of my ideas maybe got carried away a bit, I´d like some feedback on this, is it crazy or something?

logo-test-1.jpg

imo the background is to busy(lack of a better word) my eyes are drawn to it looking right past "Photoshop Gurus" but if that was the intention, it worked lol

Lol Idad! Yeah well it wasn´t exactly my intention, actually I´m not sure what the intention was besides being eye-catching, and I guess I got that part right anyway. lol!

Back