What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Gurus Official Logo Re-Design Contest $200 to the Winner!

Burned Ice

Power User
Often the simplest logo's win so i'll look for some serious nice readable simple fond's :)

Mogsy

Ok this is my first ever attempt at a logo... (So go easy on me lol) and I have to say I quite enjoyed it !

Often the simplest logo's win so i'll look for some serious nice readable simple fond's :)
Wish I would have read this before I had a go though lol - I should also have read the brief as the colours don't match the existing website :eek: Doh! Ah well

PS.jpg

iDad

Guru
All designs must be vector
"You MUST create your design as a vector image"
That is on the 99 site
you may want to put that in the opening post for this, I was under the impression this was for web based banner usage not print CMYK. keyword "Logo" should have tipped me off.

iDad

Guru
says the file will need to be vector

SeniorS

Guru
And i'm almost finished mine :banghead:

P.S. Path, shapes are vector.
P.P.S. And is there posible to make transparent shadow in such file?

P.P.S. Except shadow i have only one raster object, intresting will it pass or not?

Last edited:

Laurynnem

I Think I'll give this a try - just have to think about it for a bit still. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the other creative deliveries will look like.

Mogsy

Ah well back to the drawing board ! I have just got my head around PS, now I need to learn about vectors :banghead:

That 99 designs look good as well, was going to maybe try a few more of the logo contests on there (Got to be in it to win it I guess!), I know the fundamental difference between raster and vector but still have many questions about it... But don't want to drag this thread off topic so I will start another thread about it at a later date methinks...

I will Love to see the winner of the contest being one of Our Community Members.

that will be AWESOME!

* So, Fellow members, just join the contest, it doesn't matter if you are a New member or an Old member, just be creative and submit your designs, who knows if you got the right design concept on your mind, just open your Design Program and start sketching some ideas.

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
Just relaying info I read Admin may have more to add SS you can alwaqys save your files as eps or pdf, that might sway em ;) .just a guess

SeniorS

Guru
Just relaying info I read Admin may have more to add SS you can alwaqys save your files as eps or pdf, that might sway em ;) .just a guess

Didn't quite understand?

I tried eps->illustrator->trace...didn't look well. And i assume that 99design will delete all those which don't match their demands.
All that is just :sad::sad::sad:

I'm trying to restore it in illustrator but to do that i think will need very much time.

SeniorS

Guru
Thanks a lot, that cheered me up a little.
But i acctually haven't done nothing much new about it now, just poolished it, smoothed and rescaled to about 15cm (i thought that quite enough).

Anyway, today i give up, let's see what tommorow brings.

P.S. Inner Shadow in illustrator is such fun (for noob), you have to try "cheat" and hope it will produce something alike (i didn't). And Bevel trought 3D effect gets rasterized gradient...super duper :D

So -> Photoshop rules!

Steve

Retired Administrator
I didn't sign on so there may be more information available that I didn't see but where does it say the design must be vector based?

Color preferences:
Blue color matching the Adobe Photoshop logo.

To be used on:
Print (Business cards, letterheads, brochures etc)
Online (Website, online advertising, banner ads etc)
Television/screen

Further requirements:
Logo should be colorful and represent elements of Photoshop, Graphic Design, and Web Design. Some elements that might be fun to include are paint, brushes, vector shapes, color splashes, or other design related things.

Edit:
OK found this.
I don't see where there is a requirement to use one or the other but it comes down to using the right tool for the job.
To Use a Vector or Raster Image? That is the Question… | 99designs Blog – Leading Designer Marketplace for Logo Design and more…

Use Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Inkscape or an equivalent to create Vector Images for:
  • Logo Designs
  • Illustrations
  • Brochures
  • Posters
  • T-shirts
  • or anything to be printed
Use Adobe Photoshop, GIMP or an equivalent to create Raster Images for:
  • Web Design
  • Editing Photographs

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Yes it would be AWESOME if a PSG member was the winner!

I didn't realize the logos needed to be vector, but that does make sense. All the submission specifics for format etc. should follow the 99designs guidelines. I didn't read them all myself (they only show very limited info when posting a contest).

Photoshop can do almost anything in vector that would be needed for a logo. Text, shapes, layer styles etc. are all vector.

Vafann

Guru
Oh no!! I have been working on a logo for this, and I have never done something like that before, and now it´s no good because because it´s not a vector? arrrgh...uh, is there some way to convert a thing to vector, and still keep it looking the same? Oh, man.......

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Vector magic actually works pretty well. There are a few other similar programs that can do a great job converting raster to vector, however you my already have a lot of it as vector in Photoshop. If you have not rasterized the text then it is already vector.