What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Gurus Official Logo Re-Design Contest $200 to the Winner!

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Photoshop Gurus is going to be re-launching it's website (not the forum, the home page found here) as a Photoshop Jobs board and Blog with a brand new design.

We decided to let our users and the design community come up with a new logo to be used on our new home page and also here in the forum.

We are hosting the design contest at 99designs.com and have funded it with $200 that will go to the winner.

Check it out HERE!

Hope to see some of your designs there soon. Good luck to everyone!

P.S. - if you guys and gals want to toss around some ideas here in this thread before making official entries that would be great too!

P.P.S. - Be sure to read all the requirements and the design brief on 99designs before starting. One of them is that the logo needs to be done in VECTOR format. You can still use Photoshop to do it, just don't rely on raster elements in your design.

Off to sharpen my pencil....now wheres that eraser gone?

Hey at least i went first, and yeah i know i can't do this type of stuff in a very pro way, but i got to have a go.
And if i can i will post more of mt efforts?

P.S. 'if' and i mean IF i was to win could the $$$ go to my chosen charity please?

Attachments

• SIGN.jpg
    SIGN.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 115
It says $295 on here but the link to 99 has it as $200 which one is it?

Different colors also very odd

I kinda make one (at least concept part) but there is some details which i can't to decide.
So post some variants here or "there"?

P.S. it isn't picasso but i like it (who else will)

iDad that is odd I don't know why it is showing you $200. They are probably just giving you the senior discount :D

LoL :) ... i created account on 99design (just in case) and it 200 for registred users and 295 for others :D

Hmm, maybe they are taking a $95 fee and I didn't read it properly.

I kinda make one (at least concept part) but there is some details which i can't to decide.
So post some variants here or "there"?

P.S. it isn't picasso but i like it (who else will)

admin: What about that question?

If you are posting work in progress or just want ideas/feedback post them here. Post finished designs at 99designs.

Yes, i want kinda feedback.
Like do follow that idea or it's "dead end". If follow then which one etc.

This was main idea:
PSG-1.jpg

Little changed font and button:
PSG-2.jpg
Personally i like that one best:
PSG-3.jpg
Plus "tranform" and "lineal":
PSG-4.jpg
Only lineal:
PSG-5.jpg

So...continue "torture" that one (then cursor size/font/button?) or better stop and forget?

Are we sure what is actually required for this logo?

Admin said:
Photoshop Gurus is going to be re-launching it's website as a Photoshop Jobs board and Blog

Do they want "Jobs Board" or "Blog" as part of the logo or just the words "Photoshop Gurus"?

Ok guys I'm sorry it is in fact $200 that will be awarded to the winner. 99designs is taking $95 for their cut. Sorry for the mix up, I misunderstood how their system worked.

Post has been edited to reflect this.

Do they want "Jobs Board" or "Blog" as part of the logo or just the words "Photoshop Gurus"?

Just "Photoshop Gurus" is all that is required. If anyone wants to add a variation that says "community form" or "Photoshop Gurus Forum" that can be used here in the forums that would be good, but it is not required.

We don't need one that says "job board" or "blog".

You can submit as many different version on 99designs as you like.... there's no limit as far as I can tell.

Thanks i will then.

One noobie question what to uploud? Plain jpg/png/gif or workflow tiff/psd?

P.S. Meaning that if i make 10+ variants of some color etc. all of them put on 99design with all layers? Or jpg's first and after all (in case of success of course) sending organized polished and adjusted psd directly?

Last edited:

Back