What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #8

SeniorS

Guru
Very usefull tutorial :)

It's looks georgeous but it's been writen to psychic or something :D

P.S. I would like to see how step 3 is done.

Hoogle

Guru
Hey Vaffaan was just looking at that tutorial and I think the problem is it forgets to mention that once you have made your selection then click new layer then go to edit stroke I think that is the problem but I will work through it a bit more to make sure

Hoogle

Guru
oh and the stroke is the least of your problems it gets worse as it goes along however it is a very awesome effect I have given up on it

SeniorS

Guru
It's not tutorial but the challange from the first step!

I'll rewrite that thing more understandable:
1. Make cool red background.
2. Make cool flames.
3. Do stuff to portret.
And you have cool looking flame portret :)

Hoogle

Guru
partly done in after effects it makes far better smoother animation the 1s with particles exploding are done all in after effects except for the text which is done in photoshop the beauty is that you can import psds into after effects. Bellials was all done in Photoshop using a a cloud brush a lightning brush and a white solid layer on top for the lightning effect

ibclare

Queen Bee
Bellials was all done in Photoshop using a a cloud brush a lightning brush and a white solid layer on top for the lightning effect

I'm coming to your house to have you teach me that Hoog. I'll even bring you my specialty fudge brownies (regular or gluten-free). So, what time is good?

Hoogle

Guru
actually there really is not that much to it if you look at my tutorial the part of the basket ball is all I did you make a few layers then turn them all off then begin the animation process selecting the layers you want on in each frame and transform them slightly all though the timing was trickier i had to switch to timeline to stagger it from the lightning brush to the white flash

Hoogle

Guru
I love that animation Clare and like I will be saying in a second I am pleased that this challenge has got you into animation and already you are doing excellent images. only a week ago I dont think you had a clue so I am glad this challenge is achieving exactly what I wanted it to do.

I actually feel proud that this challenge has got people exploring into other things photoshop has to offer animation all though very fun when it goes right is tricky at first but definately worth it. and this is the idea of the challenge getting people to do things out of their comfort zone. Even with the fire side of it also chosen because you do learn new skills and learn a lot of things in 1 image. I am fully aware that to some people this challenge has been hard for them to do but then when you first opened photoshop was it easy to use or were you like wtf.... I do hope this has taught people new techniques maybe even made them think more about different possibilities like blending modes layer styles and effects and these skills with a bit of thought can be used into your normal stuff to help improve your work. Now I am aware my Tutorials are not of a high quality maybe not even easy to follow but I am hoping that because people have watched them and it has encouraged people to have a go to start my youtube channel with new videos of a higher quality also more tutorials on incorporating other software and this challenge has encouraged me to do this. I Just need to work on my tutorials as it is hard to work and commentate at the same time and also try and condense what would normally take an hour to do down to a 15 min video.

ibclare

Queen Bee

You dork Hoogle! and thou is spelled t-h-o-u- :rofl:

of course, I must say it is a lot easier to manipulate when you have such a great animation to begin with, right? lol. I guess you saw that I hadn't renamed my layers yet. :redface: It was hard enough keeping track of them while I was making it.

Last edited: