What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #9

Paul

Former Member
Challenge9

Ok thanks to Hoogleman and his challenge week.
As it was a little late in the day i have decided to do this weeks challenge as H couldn't decide who to pick.

This week we are going to try and apply your own face or another onto an existing photo.

The link gives a full descriptive breakdown of how to do the challenge, it is not that hard you all have the skills needed so come on and have a go - it's fun.

Add Your Face to Movie Poster

OR

If you want to try layer mask technique try this intro into it.

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/layermask/layermask.htm

please note that this is not the only way to go about such manipulations - but i feel it is a easy introduction into doing this type of project

Heres one of my before and after efforts.

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Heres one of my early efforts, this one i warped the Charlie layer wrapping it around ga ga's face then pulled the nose out a little with the liquify tool, not perfect but hey it's fun.:)

Paul

Former Member
Oh Steve you are way better than that mate, but i see what your saying:rofl:

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Did you do that with the tuts help or you already knew how to do it?

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
You can blend what ever you wish young man, now get chopping, the idea is to use the tools to try and make it look as natural a blend as possible mate.

MelissaV

I'm of course not quite satisfied just yet but I did achieve my goal and morphed my avatar face to a real pic..I semi used the tut but most was survival technique kicking in lol but here is my first morph EVER ... be gentle lol

Image3.png

MelsFirstMorph.png

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Considering thats your first ever 'morph', excellent mate, as time goes on you will learn how to be more subtle around the edges make blends delicately and run the colours in such a way that they match as the original.
Time and patience and a basic understanding of layers and blending will see you right, so far so good mate - now go do another.

P.S. Have you got the original of your face so others could try and do a 'morph' like yours mate?

ALWAYS TRY AND USE THE LARGEST CLEAN AND CLEAR IMAGE POSSIBLE IT REALLY HELPS WHEN DOING THESE.

Last edited:

MelissaV

Sure I can post some shots of my av for anyone to play with. Would be interesting to see what others can do. Give me a bit for the next one. Believe me that one took hours... lol but I had fun doing it and will practice more. Any tips , tricks would be greatly appreciated too!

Mel

Paul

Former Member
So far so good mate, like i said earlier it takes time to understand layers and the principals that go into making good images - BUT REMEMBER THE BETTER THE SOURCE IMAGES THE BETTER THE FINAL RESULT WILL ALWAYS BE.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
colonelgaddafin2.jpg
just a quick one for now gotta be somewhere in a mo, i'll fix it up when i get back though
one of my fish is actually called colonel gaddafin, long story :p

Paul

Former Member
Maybe not what the challenge is actually about mate, but 10/10 for effort and having a go, good on ya mate.

MelissaV

Snapshot_002.pngSnapshot_003.pngSnapshot_012.pngSnapshot_017.pngSnapshot_019.pngSnapshot_020.png

Here are a few to play with. I tried to get them at different angles in case that helped and even went semi bald so you could get my full forehead. Have fun! And yes they are high resolution too.

P.S. I did look for a decent sized poster.. image but I'm picky so the ones I liked were too small so I had to use what I had. But I will try to find a better image to put a face on next time

Mel

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Good it really helps, the problem with what you have is ones real and ones a generated image, then theres the quality to together.
Heres quick go at it do you see what i mean how there slightly out of kilter to one another.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks belial I've hijacked an
iPad in the apple store to check up on you all glad you like it, ill do something more in topic when I get back home, god I want one of these now! :p

MelissaV

Yes I see what you mean. Good job and fast! *rolls her eyes* I love how you were able to keep the lashes from fading. I'll be hunting for a better poster/magazine or something. Wish me luck lol

Mel