What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help wanted - fun project for practice

tottjess303

I was wondering if anyone would like to practice their photoshop skills and photoshop a picture of a lizard and a stingray together for me (preferably yellow). I need it for a imaginary creature in science. It would be greatly appreciated!

Hoogle

Guru
I wouldnt want to imagine how you talk to people in real life I assume you dont get much opportunity unless I am approaching life totally wrong and talking to people the way you do is the key to success and a life full of friends. But I would rather go with my instinct and assume you have none so you have had to broaden your search to try and make other peoples life as miserable as your existance is on this planet and had to revert to trolling on the internet oh how depressing your life is. BY the way It will not work here everyone can spot a troll so anything you say just gets dismissed.

Hoogle

Guru
Well then I guess that says a lot about your photoshop skills when I can make more money working minimum wage basic jobs if you are going to be negative then at least provide constructive criticism and not just hating on everything. This is a community forum we like to help each other out and yes sometimes that means working for free and getting good practice in we also have a paid freelance section but due to the nature of this site it is no where near the amount You would get paid for if you were doing it in a real world profession as your main job. THere are only a select few of us that use Photoshop for work and design professionally here. But 98% of our other members are here as a hobby so what a great way to learn things like this not everyone is instantly creative and can think of ideas straight away so someone will come along and go hey that sounds like a good challenge I will have a go. Does not matter if you have used photoshop for years or just bought your 1st copy a week ago it is a fun way to learn. It is easy to be negative about other peoples work but god forbid if you post some work 1 day which I highly doubt you will then Dont expect such a warm set of praise for it as everyone will just remember who you are and what you have said about others.

Hoogle

Guru
I do agree to an extent but Ivan came in made several posts on various threads being just rude and negative this is the point I was highlighting to him. But the paid work is the free lance section which is fair enough however if it is in any other section then yes it is down to the individual member to decide if they want to do it for free or not but there is no need to make sarcastic remarks if your not interested in doing it for free either leave a message saying you are willing to do it for a fee or maybe offer advice on how to do it or best option is to stay clear of the thread.

hawkeye

Guru
Everything comes down to personal choice. But it's good to remind people that working for free only serves to enforce the belief that the skills we have worked to perfect are of no value. When you work for free it only increases the expectation of others that they too should get something for nothing too.

I try, on most occasions, to refrain from responding at all to freebie requests. But on occasion I'm guilty of replying in what some might term a sarcastic fashion. It's not a good excuse, but when I do it's because I find the request itself to be insulting. Enough said, it's just my opinion...and everyone can an will do as they please.

Hoogle

Guru
yes but the difference is with you Hawkeye you are more than willing to help out and share what you have learnt you may add some sarcasm to some posts but most of the time you will go out of your way and provide screen shots and tutorials you are not the sort that goes out just to be negative all the time.

Again I think if the request was a bit clearer, with species that had a possibility of somehow being merged, it would of been a bit better. Maybe with a sketch, posting two images to be merged, or just explaining whether it uses gills or nose. A bit more thought into creating a mixture of animals that work is needed. Hows about something like this?
View attachment 10819

tottjess303

Thank you sprucemagoo1, I have already done the best I can on photoshop for my school project, glad to find people who aren't always against everything though!

Steve

Retired Administrator
Three posts have been removed because they are off topic.

The Freelance section is for paid work.
In any other section of this forum anyone can ask for something to be done for free.
The can ask for as many revisions as they want.

You the members have the option to reply or ignore the request.
You have the option not to post,to post 1 image or 100 images in reply.

These request threads aren't the place to discuss whether or not members should be charging for work.

The request threads aren't the place to ask for payment.

MotoChief

Ok, I know this is late but it looked fun so here is my attempt.

Attachments

• stinguanaray.jpg
    stinguanaray.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 8