What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chop shop

Name the winner

• Entry A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry B

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Former Member
In here re design a car that gets posted weekly, the winner is picked via votes counted, H will do the count and name winner:)
You can change the bumpers, the colour, big wheels and bling it - it's up to you.

This weeks is this.

Attachments

• fiesta.jpg
    fiesta.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 8

Hoogle

Guru
Good idea Paul as this seems to be a popular subject. I will sticky this thread.

Ok People to make this fair what I will do is every friday starting next week, I will take all the entries and put them all together with a poll so that all users can vote anonyomously. You will get 1 vote so make it count.

The winner of the week will get to choose the next image to be edited and entered into the competition.

Maybe also we can have a special Avatar designed to show the weekly winner so also whilst doing this competition you would like to have a go at designing an avatar and we will have it so it has week 1 winner week 2 winner etc.

so have a go at designing an avatar the dimensions are 150 x 300 pixels this can be animated or just a still image.
We could also incorporate a similar idea into the weekly challenge

Make all posts of cars and avatar designs on this thread please

Hoogle

Guru
|I will put an Entry letter on each entry so that it will be easier for a vote at the end.

iDad

Guru
the title of this thread reminded me of a chop shop sign I made years ago I use to chop for a mustang site.. it has slowed down big time there though.
KR'sSMChopShop.png

Hoogle

Guru
I like it do you fancy customising it to an avatar with chop shop winner as the text but make it so it can be easily edited to add week 1, week 2, week 3 etc

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
I like it do you fancy customising it to an avatar with chop shop winner as the text but make it so it can be easily edited to add week 1, week 2, week 3 etc

you can edit names on it just make it a psd there is roomPSG-WWchopshop.png

iDad

Guru
Your such a suckup lately.............. Whataya want now LOL...(thanks)

Hoogle

Guru
Credit where credit is due
I am always friendly
Or maybe I am just so high on all my pain meds from my surgery is probably more like it lol

ibclare

Queen Bee
This is my first entry nd it's just for practice at changing the color. I don't understand how you used the B&W adj Hoog. I did take a look at the psd but I'm going to open it up again. I used the channel mixer for this color change.
Entry D

Attachments

• fiesta.jpg
    fiesta.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

Hoogle

Guru
black and white adjustment layer mask out everything but the car then moved the red slider darker.
you can also use black and white adjustment layer to enhance colour images lust set the blending mode to luminosity and then tweak the colours it gives a topaz look to your pictures and you can build up the effect using more black and white adjustment layers set to luminosity.

ibclare

Queen Bee
thanks. Figured out some of it once ti dawned on me that of course it is dealing with B&W, not color... So I've just been playing around with B&W adjustment in normal blend with the different filters, masked out the BG. Now I see at 100% you get all shades of white to black. Even silver. I like that. OK, going to go play with the luminosity.

Cool. So I guess I was thinking you were using it to change the color from like red to blue, but duh, you needed a black car! Got it down now. Tx for you help.

Paul

Former Member
I work for Ford:mrgreen:
Entry E

Attachments

• carr.jpg
    carr.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

ibclare

Queen Bee
the title of this thread reminded me of a chop shop sign I made years ago I use to chop for a mustang site.. it has slowed down big time there though.

I just noticed as I scrolled down the page that your wheel gives an illusion of moving. Very cool iDad.

Status
Not open for further replies.