What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chop shop week 3 competition

iDad

Guru
You weren't even in the womb 40 years ago never mind cellulite lol

ibclare

Queen Bee
a lady never tells her age.

But who said I'm a lady. And I am old enough to be Hoog's mother. But not Paul's. Besides, if I were his mom, I'd whip him every day!

JK

Hoogle

Guru
Guys to make this easier to deal with the voting and starting a new thread for it is it possible that all entries you put some kind of watermark onand an abcd code if you have multiple entries.
for example

1st picture will use paul as an example.

embedded somewhere in the picture will be

Paul A

2nd Picture Paul B

3rd picture Paul C etc etc etc.

If someone has the spare time to do this with all the entries up to now that would be very helpful just save the pictures put the username code on each 1 but not obscuring the image and clear enough to see at a quick glance then reupload them all so far in a new post that would be very helpful towards me. Unless somebody else wans to manage the voting this week by taking the images and starting a new thread here and making sure you have a clear way of letting members know how to vote for there image and you need to set up a poll at the bottom of the thread when posting it. Currently we have edited the polls to include upto 15 entries.

It may be a case of getting each member who has submitted more than 1 entry to choose there favourite 1 and put that forward as I am not sure on the extent of adding a poll where members can also type an option.

I will have a play and see if the official polls give me more options.

Hoogle

Guru
Ok had a play I think the only option is to have a members name in the poll so you just vote on the winner rather than the image or be open to voting for a name and then in the comments put the user and picture reference. If you dont fancy being public send me a pm of your vote and I can add it to the votes in comments as anonymous user however that will be down to you guys trusting me as to not make up votes.

Feedback please how would you want to do it
Honestly spreading it across 2 threads with 2 polls will not work

Hoogle

Guru
well that was the easiest option each member choosing there favourite picture to enter

iDad

Guru
I understand that but how many entries aloud?

Stefano

I say one entry per member is totally reasonable, however it also discourages more passionate/less busy (lol) members from contributing more images to the threads...

I guess you weigh that, against the weekly work created for Hoogle in managing the contest threads.

So I guess my vote is to do whatever Hoogleman votes for since he is doing all the work so we can play.

-Stefano

iDad

Guru
WHO IS Hoogleman

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like the idea of only one entry for the final competition, and maybe if somebody has a brainstorm and has to put out a second entry, they can delete the other post. Certainly not a perfect solution. Maybe just work on them till you're satisfied with one before you post. Anyway, I like the one entry per "contestant." Even though the prize is kind of nebulous, lol.