What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Custom Icons!!!

Have you bought CS6 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Photoshop_4_me

Who can create the coolest, slickest, cleanest custom icon for photoshop? Create your own photoshop icon and post it here! Then you can use the icons for yourself on your desktop :) The winner will be the creator of the icon with most likes :) The contest is on! (I will upload my png in a minute)

Best thing to do is to start from scratch, with a transparent background, and then when your are finished with your work save as the icon as .png, so we can have real cool photoshop icon in use :)

Good luck!

// Ps_4_me

Last edited:

Photoshop_4_me

This is my icon (for Cs6). Ask me if you want with non cs6-text on the icon :) It's high-res 1400x1400 (applauds) lol

Attachments

• Icon.png
    Icon.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Hoogle

Guru
Icon or Banner ??? By the time you take your high resolution image and shrink it down to icon size with your aspect ratio it will just look like a white box with a fuzzy line through it Just like this>>>>>Icon.png

As for the Image I quite like the design and idea of it but not as an Icon.

Photoshop_4_me

Icon or Banner ??? By the time you take your high resolution image and shrink it down to icon size with your aspect ratio it will just look like a white box with a fuzzy line through it Just like this>>>>>View attachment 20825

As for the Image I quite like the design and idea of it but not as an Icon.
Yes, you're right. The picture acts more like a banner. I'm working right now on a more "icon like" project.

Photoshop_4_me

This is my second attempt... What do you think? Is it to bloated with the feather? At least it is more like an icon than a banner as Hoogle said. My idea is to make something similar to the earlier versions of photoshop with the feathers as a motive... I've uploaded the base to the icon if anybody would like to try making something nice of it... It would look cleaner with text solo though. Anyway, it works pretty good serving as an icon :)

Attachments

• Icon + Feather.png
    Icon + Feather.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Base-1.png
    Base-1.png
    501.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Photoshop_4_me

This is what I could manage in couple of days I've been working now, I've taken help from online tutorials, and taken some inspiration of Apples Aperture dark icon... What do you think? I'm extremly happy with it :)

Attachments

• Sample.png
    Sample.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 18