What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 5 - "Quarantine Poster design and intergration"

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpad.t

Guru
Quite agree...

I like theese challanges.. i would never have came up with the design i did without this challange being put forward...

My main objective doing them is to make me understand the tools and differant ways of doing things in Photoshop.. I have learnt and are still learing tools that i have never used or would not normally use..

For instance.. in one challange i was told why not put a 50% gray layer over the whole image on overlay and reduce to opacity to around 20 to 20% and use this layer to dodge and burn to add lighting and some shadding in areas of the composition, this is something i found so usefull in other areas as well as doing manipulations and would never have thought of it... i used to dodge and burm each layer subject,, this i found is and could be distructive .. by making the gray layer i can dodge and burn over the whole image without having to duplicate each indevidual one and therefore making less layers and cutting down on time.. I also added a layer mask so that i can hide areas i don't want the overly to show on. I then played around with the blending mode and opacity levels and found this gave me some other ideas to use this for and also get different lighting and shadding effects.

This one small piece of advice which i had never heard of before made me feel like it was my birthday...

ONE thing that dos dissapoint me is that more people do not take up the challange...especialy newbies like my self.. I think that they think they would look stupid or that there not good enough or they would get slated...BUT it could just be that people do not have much time now a days...

I remeber ( not so very long ago in far distant thread ) the first or second manipulation i did.. it was terrable... But if people tell you what they think you will carry on down this road knowing now different.

Again the advice i got here was invaluable...( Hopefully I've come along a bitt since then )..

SO my advice wether right or wrong would be COME ON and get your work submitted. Learn then teach.. it's great to be able to give advice as well as recieve it.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Totally Agree, I am still picking up stuff in Ps and am very often like 'Wow that does that!!' It's about the learning. I have been using Ps for years but have learned more in the past year that I did previous. I get stuck in and figure stuff out, best way to learn is try. :thumbsup:

inkpad.t

Guru
49 MEMBERS ON LINE... GET EM IN.. GET EM IN....

I was going to post this on every thread on site... then i thought NO, NO, NOOOOOOO YOU babbling baphune... you ink spilling, spellinmg nut job..GET BACK IN UR JACKET before they throw You out for spamming.

Just got a bit excited there.. maybe not evryones cup of tea, coffee, milk, lemonaide,coke,pepsi,doctorpeeper,or just plain water, DOH... made it look like a water color again..

Inkz

Guru
49 MEMBERS ON LINE... GET EM IN.. GET EM IN....

I was going to post this on every thread on site... then i thought NO, NO, NOOOOOOO YOU babbling baphune... you ink spilling, spellinmg nut job..GET BACK IN UR JACKET before they throw You out for spamming.

Just got a bit excited there.. maybe not evryones cup of tea, coffee, milk, lemonaide,coke,pepsi,doctorpeeper,or just plain water, DOH... made it look like a water color again..

You been at the sugar again inkpad lmao...

I'm sure the challenge will be as popular as the last one. I'm working on my piece tonight so I will post it in soon.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I gave you the straight jacket so you would wear it inkpad, you babbling buffoon! Your hands are supposed to go in too!

Step away from the keyboard . . .

Slowly. Put your hands up in the air . . .

:rofl:

Last edited:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Now I am liking that SL, really nice job :thumbsup: :cool2:

Something I get picked up about in some of my posters are spellings lol, there are a few in your poster as well, not ciritising you but just wanted to point it out is all buddy.
Nice Job though :clap::clap:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Just to add, because my spelling sucks (spoilt by spell checkers in email, browsers and on my iPhone 4s) I normally type out what I want on the poster then copy and paste it into Microsoft Office and let it sort out spelling and grammar then paste it back into the image. May be a bit of extra work but I have had a poster fail because of one spelling mistake, I used an 'S' instead of a 'Z' :lol:

Im Ready

This idea of a double-challnge is pretty cool, therefore I've decided to give it a try anyway..
As some of you know I broke my right-hand, so this makes it a triple-challenge for me.

I figured that not trying at all is a sure loss.

Good luck everyone!

Haha my right hand is broken too!
Although im a lefty :)

Anyways, I might give this a shot even though im not the best.

Im Ready

VvHlD.jpg

aMhZs.jpg

My entry.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Hmm looks familiar Ready lol. Is cool I guess, your design and of course is welcome in this challenge. As before, check spellings and grammar etc ;)

As in the opening post, the winner of this challenge will have their work displayed in front of many thousands of people and the last thing any of us want is for people to keep trying to point out small mistakes. Of course, that is if the winner would like for their work to be displayed.

inkpad.t

Guru
:rofl::rofl::rofl:Remote-Medic.... Inkz....Ibclare.......

So i thought right put the sugar pot down... step away from the keyboard... put my hands in the air then put em back in me jacket..

Put the sugar down and gave it back to the kids as they were getting withdrawral syptems, Stept away from the keyboard and killed the kat at the same time as puting me hands in the air and smahed all the light bulbs... could'nt see to put em back in me jacket... got all confused and fell down the stairs....

Been admitted to ward 10 again as the kids had the phone glowing in the dark at the top of the stairs after getting the sugar back... The wifes left for the neighbour as he is only a minor in ward 2 at 28 yrs old...

OH well lifes not all bad....

Thanks

inkpad.t

Guru
OH YEH... BY THE WAY....

No kids or animals were hurt during the making of this thread...

Just incase you know who is watching..

Paul

Former Member
Could we get back on the challenge bus please...

inkpad.t

Guru
Sorry Paul...

Just get carried away sometimes ( literally )

By the way... Love the avatar in relation to this challange.. Cool

Last edited:

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
I realized half way through that this isn't really a "quarantine" poster as much as it is an instructional type of poster having to do with viruses. Oh well, I'll submit it anyway.

who_virus.png

And I'll stick with the brick wall theme because I'm unoriginal :)

who_virus_wall.png

Can't take credit for the images I used for the instructions as I found them on the internet!
Fun challenge. I'll probably make another one more suited for the quarantine name if I have time before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.