What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 5 - "Quarantine Poster design and intergration"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kekuchi

Thank you guys for all the likes, and GREAT posts from all the participants in the challenge. Looking forward to seeing newer ones and learning from all of you.

- Joey :cheesygrin:

Im Ready

Hmm looks familiar Ready lol. Is cool I guess, your design and of course is welcome in this challenge. As before, check spellings and grammar etc ;)

As in the opening post, the winner of this challenge will have their work displayed in front of many thousands of people and the last thing any of us want is for people to keep trying to point out small mistakes. Of course, that is if the winner would like for their work to be displayed.

Ohhh I thought we had to make it look like yours?

Inkz

Guru
I keep putting this off and putting it off lol....

But today is the day I get my entry in. Some great pieces here, so well done to all entries.

Also, did I here a mention of a prize or a showcase or something?

MrPixel

My first upload to PSG and my first attempt at making a poster so go easy on me lol i been putting this off but finally decided to upload so here it is...

quarantine poster.jpg

PSG Contest entry.jpg

all CnC is appreciated

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
This is my second and probably last effort. This one took some time and I probably ought to put Photoshop to other use for awhile, lol. Redid the sign I used for my first "entry."

HazardSIGN_2.jpg

Ruins2.jpg

I have a couple major source images which I forgot to credit, so here they are, both to be found on deviantart.com:

RuinsSourceImages.jpg

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
OK Inkz, I'm definitely avoiding that place! Good one.

@ MrPixel: nothing wrong with that entry. It works quite well. The lighting is OK. The only thing that bothers me is the sign. It looks pasted on. Maybe put a slight shadow on it; lift an edge or two? Just a thought. Good job.

I need help! LOL.

I want to do a better job of making gashes and what not in faces and bodies. So if anyone could write up a process or link me to a favorite tutorial, I'd like that.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I know I said I was done, but it's not my fault. Blame it one the Beast and the fact that I had extra time yesterday. So, to continue my theme. This is where I want to use some gashes. You can't get out of a fight unscathed . . .

Credit for house found on deviantart.com: Old_Abandoned_House_Stock_by_Fairiegoodmother
Credit for girl's body (head from previous image): download from Photl.com (http://de.photl.com/281576.html) with no photographer's attribution

Found some knife wounds on google (freakin' gory page of images!) and messed around with those. Later I'll learn how to do a convincing job of making them from scratch. So this is the edited version.

Ruins_2.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Gooch

Hey guys! I'm new here, I decided to join a forum because I've run out of tutorials to watch. :p Hopefully I can learn by watching and doing! Anyways, I made an attempt at this challenge. Since I'm utterly obsessed with The Walking Dead I felt that I should have that be the focal point of the composite. I give credit of the main image to the producers of The Walking Dead, it is not my own. Anyways, enough rambling, please feel free to give constructive critisism, anything will help. :)
View attachment 24326

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi SilverGooch, we can't accept this image as the only manipulation on your part is the poster you laid on the ground (without shadow or anything to integrate it into the picture BTW). Also, part of the challenge is to make and display separately your own creation of a quarantine/warning/instruction, etc. poster.

If you'd like to give this another shot, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.