What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 5 - "Quarantine Poster design and intergration"

Status
Not open for further replies.

besmirched

Power User
This is my beginners entry :D

bes_qarr_fix.jpg

I took the house pic early this morning with my trusty little lumix lx3. This house is only a couple of blocks away from me and every time I walk past I admire how creepy the place is.
spooky1.jpg
spooky2.jpg

On the walk home I found this bonus sign.
danger_bes_danger.jpg

Poster :/
yellow-danger.jpg

Attachments

• bes_quar.jpg
    bes_quar.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very cool house. I like your take on the project. After the fact ... and the house and the signs (signs of civilization) are overgrown.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When's the deadline? Dec 3rd?

I'm almost done with mine!

MrPixel

@ MrPixel: nothing wrong with that entry. It works quite well. The lighting is OK. The only thing that bothers me is the sign. It looks pasted on. Maybe put a slight shadow on it; lift an edge or two? Just a thought. Good job.

Thanks for the tips clare i'm working on something now with those ideas in mind, i'm having trouble making the lifted edge look more realistic though.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks for the tips clare i'm working on something now with those ideas in mind, i'm having trouble making the lifted edge look more realistic though.

Why not post your effort to date, then you can just delete that and replace it with your final.
Without seeing it, I can't be sure. Here's a couple ideas sight unseen: find a ripped paper image online and use that as a template to create a ragged edge. Then use your warp function to bend up the corner but make it very subtle. Be sure to include a slight shadow that falls onto the poster from under the raised corner (unless the light is pouring onto it). You can try puppet warp too but I find it easier to wrinkle edges with it than flip an edge. Some people just draw one on; there's a recent thread on that . . .

Love the twist you've put on this Sam :D Nice One buddy :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, great imagination. It's so very apocolyptic (which is a popular theme these days ... hmmm) or does it mean the walking dead have all been made into space junk?

:mrgreen:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Chris...err uh Beast!

I thought I was running out of time so I didn't get to finish up with the debris field I wanted.

Clare said:
Oh yeah, great imagination. It's so very apocolyptic

Thanks! That's what I was hoping for!

Clare said:
or does it mean the walking dead have all been made into space junk?

Hummmmmnnnn..........Zombies escaping a decimated, bio-chemically contaminated, overpopulated, irradiated, and virulently infected planet in spaceships........that's a good idea Clare!

Status
Not open for further replies.