What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Postcard Theme Challenge: the Winter Celebration You Observe

ibclare

Queen Bee
Re: Challenge: Postcard with Christmas Theme or Any Other Winter Celebration You Obse

Getting closer to Christmas Everyone. And right in the middle of other seasonal holidays as well. Today is the winter solstice (if you're still in the 21st day of December).

C'mon you regulars; show us what you celebrate!

chitkaran

Guru
Keep trying mate.. you would get better and better.

@Clare: I am a little tied up at work .. unable to Ps :(

ibclare

Queen Bee
Big Aaaaawww to both of you chitkaran and Vetoed.

I agree with Chitkaran that you should try again. Just let it sit and work at your imagination and make something that is meaningful to you. And if you end up not doing anything, that's OK too. Just enjoy!

Sorry chitkaran; I'll miss seeing yours. Though I am going to start a New Year Challenge, lol. I look forward to seeing your Challenge 7.

smoke

Power User
Sadly I'm away from home for few weeks.. loads of nice works!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Didnt have too long, as I have a six page report to write :frown:, but managed to knock this up...

That's beautiful Sigfrid. I like that idea, 635 million . . .

"managed to knock this up"

Oh god, I swear I won't say anything! English can be tough with its idioms!

Sigfrid

Very nice photoshop.

And with regards to my post, sorry everyone I'll make sure I read my posts before I post them in future :redface:.

ibclare

Queen Bee
My apologies too sigfrid, I know I should be more . . . hmmm, what? . . . but I must be a bit manic with the holidays! I couldn't pass it up. Don't worry about reading your posts too carefully. We love a good straight man. Sorry, sorry . . .

:devilish:

Sigfrid

Re: New Year Challenge!

Keeping my astronomical theme going - I think it helps keep perspective.

View attachment 25682

Not very personal I know (although I've always liked this poem), but my years a bit too daunting to think about!

Attachments

• newyear.jpg
    newyear.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 19

ibclare

Queen Bee
We don't have a lot of interest in the New Year challenge. Maybe everybody needs a break!

Well, if I don't get a lot of objections here or on the New Year Challenge thread, I will ask Mark theKeeper to judge this one instead, so that we can have a winner after all.

No winner, yes winner: how many times can I change my mind, go back on my word, mess with the rules, change horses in the middle of the stream? Hey! I'm a woman. I get to be fickle (easy all you women's libbers ... JK).

Both challenges run through December 31st, though if interest picks up I'll extend the New Year challenge through January 1st. Thanks for all the participation and the great submissions!