What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix it, best one gets 5 bucks!

rufinatti

Power User
it's difficult to isolate the text
i used "replace colors" to make the red and the yellow look like the orange
http://planetphotoshop.com/replace-color.html
and then opened the result in ACR because there is a slider for the orange you can play with

As mentioned above, I'm using elements, so I don't have the camera raw plugin. However, I was able to obtain a similar effect by using replace color to change the reds / yellows to white then blend that layer back in with the multiply mode over a masked layer of parchment as the check backing.

No doubt the scratches could be cleaned up a bit with the brush or stamp tool, but I wanted to give your method a quick try.

Thanks for the tip.

check01.jpg

rufinatti

Power User
I can do it, no problem...

...just the chemical burn areas
There are many ways to do it... .

iDad,

I've already submitted my effort. I'm sure you want to wait until others have had a chance to submit theirs as well before you give us the answer. :) That said, I sincerely hope that you will describe some of your methods of removing the stains so we can learn from you.

Thanks.

iDad

Guru
only the Chemical burns areas, the text and faces have been blurred on purpose

iDad

Guru
BTW the image was posted on the 19th so 5$ will be sent to the best in my opinion on the 27th (1 week plus a day to decided)

Paul

Former Member
My kids need gravy mate, just remember that.;)

iDad

Guru
Okay I'll send gravy to you if you're the best. ;)

Paul

Former Member
Ok daddiO times up come on pay the bucks out, or pour the gravy;)

iDad

Guru
lol okay looking (deciding) now

iDad

Guru
I'm kind of stuck between rock and a hard place, colleague is really good but the check color kind of distracts from the original although the work blends nicely the elbow area was the deciding factor I have to go with colleague....... colleague, PM your paypal address.
Well done guys!

iDad

Guru
the "Fix" is over, colleague, has been paid, after providing his info over PM's