What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iDAD vs. ULTIMAN vs. INKZ vs. iBClare

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
As a suggestion and to probably add clarification .....

Let's rename this as Photoshop Challenge QUARTET - Round (1) ..... consisting of 4 randomly (or forcibly chosen .... lol ) members.

In other forums, such a challenge consists of 2 participants . Here at PSG , we add a different twist - we have FOUR MEMBERS going head to head. The rest of the members are there to give critique to each participant's image and give their VOTE to who should be the winner. BCVISUALS will tabulate the FINAL results.

As in other forums, the objective is NOT to determine who is the better guy. But a chance to showcase the different styles and possibilities that can be used to manipulate, enhance or compose an image. In this way, the non-participating viewers get to train their eye to detect what procedure/s or effect/s were used to achieve the image as well as honing their skill in giving critique.

In short the challenge is a lesson for everyone including the participants.

Will this be a weekly challenge or bi-monthly thing (twice a month) ?

We have to agree on a Date and Time to open and end the challenge . I suggest a Saturday as opening date. And given a time limit of 72 hours.

BCVISUALS..... since this is your baby, shall we use your time zone (Eastern Time) as basis? Or GMT? What time should it start ?

My next question is... Who will select the next 4 challengers for the next Round? To give time for them to settle down from the shock of being chosen, they should be notified 3 days before the next round.

just my 2 sens....

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Lots of reading here. My laptop screen got broken and I don't have the replacement until first of week. I have been trying to keep up with phone and wife's Kindle ..is it too late to get in on this? I don't see an image posted yet.
Edit: Sorry I misunderstood this thing. I see now what it is. Dumb idea IMHO.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'm sorry, I thought I made it clear that I would participate, even though this is definitely not one of my strengths.

If anyone is still unclear regarding the challenge, read post 15. In a nutshell.

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
Okay I'm done waiting I'm starting my own idea!

Paul

Former Member
I live in Perth Australia it is monday night here 8.00pm wheres the image?

iDad

Guru
Day late a dollar short:mrgreen:

MikeMc

McGuru
SO WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE IN IT?? I know Ultiman is in. I'm not sure whether iDad Inkz and Clare are...

Pass please.

I am a old shooter, who plays with PS, and I love to learn. I have never retouched, but I do not like to ignore a challenge either. Which means, Ya'll will never see my boo-boos...period,no talent, no comfort, no fun.:redface::redface:

I think it is a neat idea, but we are small here, and I really don't think it will generate much interest (#'s of people)...from those who do not use those parts of PS.

Hope I am WRONG....but ?????