What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 15 - Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibclare

Queen Bee
That is extremely cool. Nice effects! I even thought the arm closed around her waist in the mirror might be from the girl in front . . . till I looked again. Great arrangement.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Until I saw the reference photo, I thought the arm around the girl in the reflection was a mans arm! It was the manly watch she wearing.

Thanks Ibclare and Sam for your comments. Always much appreciated.
Indeed it would have been a great idea to put a mans arm around the girls waist. It would have given the image a bit of an extra mystery kick.

egosbar

Guru
appreciate some comments on the comparison of the two images , ive added a clear sphere protection and dragon flame , what do you think im really not sure if the sphere is believable enough, any help on making the sphere look more 3d would be great

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Actually egosbar, I think the flames need more work.

I have a cheat for adding dimension to spheres, though it can be done with inner shadow and glows, etc. So what I use is a 50% grey sphere with lighting effects and place it on overlay or soft light.

Sphere.png used it here NumeralSphere.png looks darker than original; mask would fix that.

I haven't tried out this next one:

sphere2.png

It's not very large but you can probably find better res. Not sure if that would make much difference on overlay mode.

Don't shoot me guys for the lazy workaround!

But if you don't feel like working on your skills, LOL . . .

Last edited:

egosbar

Guru
i agree clare im not happy with the sphere or the flames , good practice though when you cant get something right , ill keep plugging away thanks for the tips ill have a look after work

nice image as usual inkz

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great job as usual Inkz!

Of course a lot can be left to the imagination here.......

A small, frail, little girl dressed in night clothing wandering lost through a foggy meadow perhaps miles away from her parents! She's approaching a big gnarly scary tree with who knows what hiding behind its ominous trunk! There's a black Raven caw'ing threateningly overhead. If we could only see her tear laden face she would be terrified! This is her worst nightmare!

Then again, maybe she's only feet away from the loving arms of her caring mother. She's calling out to her older brother who is answering the call of nature behind the tree. She's safe and happy!

Inkz

Guru
Great job as usual Inkz!

Of course a lot can be left to the imagination here.......

A small, frail, little girl dressed in night clothing wandering lost through a foggy meadow perhaps miles away from her parents! She's approaching a big gnarly scary tree with who knows what hiding behind its ominous trunk! There's a black Raven caw'ing threateningly overhead. If we could only see her tear laden face she would be terrified! This is her worst nightmare!

Then again, maybe she's only feet away from the loving arms of her caring mother. She's calling out to her older brother who is answering the call of nature behind the tree. She's safe and happy!

Thanks Sam...

I watched a film last night called Insidious, and the little kid in the film is a Traveller (Astral Projection) but believes it there dreams but wonders too far lol.

I got my idea from that but created it in a different way.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I really do like the image. I may not have made the Insidious connection but I was really just yanking your chain a little!

I must watch this movie!

Movie Poster

WNJQ774.jpg

MANIPULATION

klwEvrd.jpg

AwsEHpx.jpg

ORGINAL PICTURES
========================
PHOTOSOHP MANİPULATION

===============================================
============================================
=============================
===================

SreTMwk.jpg

+

jRja8x2.jpg

eupnkcH.jpg

PHOTOSHOP MANİPULATION

ibclare

Queen Bee
Ditto, great to see you join the Challenge Blade, taking a detour from your long-running thread!

For number of viewers, yous runs neck and neck with Avatar Wars, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.