What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Composite Contest, 3 Images provided

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
fotografitti said:
I had an idea but I find it way too hard to isolate the car, sorry
That's part of the challenge of this contest is to test your isolation skills! The car is a good test of your Pen Tool skills! Most of the car is fairly straight forward, it's the windows and frames that present the challenge.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think learning the Pen Tool should be number one on your list of things to learn in Photoshop! It's probably one of the most used tools for me!

MikeMc

McGuru
I think learning the Pen Tool should be number one on your list of things to learn in Photoshop! It's probably one of the most used tools for me!

And without a tablet...one of my hardest still.

My Wacom does make a huge difference.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I absolutely could not live without my Wacom! Surprisingly, I find using the Pen Tool much easier with my mouse...........guess that's because it was the way I learned to use it. I'm left handed but I operate the mouse with my right hand, and of course I use the tablet with my left.....I seem to have better control over the Pen Tool with the mouse in my non dominant hand.......go figure.

fotograffiti

Power User
I absolutely could not live without my Wacom! Surprisingly, I find using the Pen Tool much easier with my mouse...........guess that's because it was the way I learned to use it. I'm left handed but I operate the mouse with my right hand, and of course I use the tablet with my left.....I seem to have better control over the Pen Tool with the mouse in my non dominant hand.......go figure.

That's funny, because I am most right handed but I use my mouse with my left hand. The reason is : if you have to switch often from keyboard to mouse, your right hand needs to bend very awkwardly. (try) If you have wrist pains easily, you can avoid this by using your left hand.
I use the tablet with my right.
(I hold my knife in my left hand when eating and when my children were small, I carried them right so I did things with my left hand.)

Hey Danny,
What a surprise! Your image is super! You give this thread a new kick.

1. Your street view is a new idea, very imaginative though.
2. Nice details with the windows. Halfopen, closed, bricked.
3. Moving car, nicely done.
4. The couple admiring the passing car.

My opinion, it's the best post so far.