What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 20 - Surrealism

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was under the impression that surrealistic art carried a meaning....

You would be right.

It's the High Heeled shoes that makes me wonder what your saying. :rofl:

gedstar

Guru
@Paul

This is what I came up with

You have to fork out bread to buy shoes

I'll be damned if I can figure out what the needle is for

Maybe it's just a little prick in the sand, please excuse the language :rofl:

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
300px-The_Elephant_Celebes.jpg
Max Ernst, The Elephant Celebes (1921), Tate, London

Surrealism is a cultural movement that began in the early 1920s, and is best known for its visual artworks and writings. The aim was to "resolve the previously contradictory conditions of dream and reality." Artists painted unnerving, illogical scenes with photographic precision, created strange creatures from everyday objects and developed painting techniques that allowed the unconscious to express itself.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur; however, many Surrealist artists and writers regard their work as an expression of the philosophical movement first and foremost, with the works being an artifact.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I think Paul's statement is nightmare while sunbathing. Dreaming of new shoes but the view through the needle says I'm just hungry; don't need new shoes. Or maybe that story about forking over lotsa bread for overly priced couture is more on the mark. As for the needle in that interpretation, I'd say, trying to find the money is like finding a needle in a sand drift. (or is that the wrong metaphor?)

@ gedstar: I might call it Outer Limits Radio, since it's beyond this dimension and remember the old TV show? Maybe not. "We now return control of your tv to you!"

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
My effort tries to convey the need for goods/items via transport, to places like where i live as passing things through the eye of a needle.
Now BTT and post your efforts guys.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
300px-The_Elephant_Celebes.jpg
Max Ernst, The Elephant Celebes (1921), Tate, London

Surrealism is a cultural movement that began in the early 1920s, and is best known for its visual artworks and writings. The aim was to "resolve the previously contradictory conditions of dream and reality." Artists painted unnerving, illogical scenes with photographic precision, created strange creatures from everyday objects and developed painting techniques that allowed the unconscious to express itself.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur; however, many Surrealist artists and writers regard their work as an expression of the philosophical movement first and foremost, with the works being an artifact.

Thanks Mike, this is good info, though I'm sure a lot of gurus visited this site already. It is very informative to improve your knowledge about surrealism, before you start to create your own work for this challenge.
I look forward to see your "creation".

gedstar

Guru
@ ibclare I might call it Outer Limits Radio, since it's beyond this dimension and remember the old TV show? Maybe not. "We now return control of your tv to you!"[/QUOTE]

Ah the memories.

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
Thanks Mike, this is good info, though I'm sure a lot of gurus visited this site already. It is very informative to improve your knowledge about surrealism, before you start to create your own work for this challenge.
I look forward to see your "creation".

had no idea....make this a challenge!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's pretty good Andrew! Has all the classic elements of surrealism! I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.