What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Design a New Photoshop Gurus Forum Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoogle

Guru
I would say this as a guide and not meant to offend anyone, but logo design has a huge factor on where it will be displayed, so not every logo will be on a billboard.

Take the current logo that is pretty much the size the new logo would have to be if it is replaced so having a large vertical height will throw of the forum.

Obviously we can apply a new skin to accommodate such a thing but as for now it has to be the same size as the current 1 or the forum will not display properly.

and then that logo can be varied to fill the timeline cover of a facebook page etc.

ibclare

Queen Bee
In other words, a square is out of the question? Is this what you mean by changing the skin? It seems like a simple thing to accomodate a difference.

Nevertheless, nothing can be done without James. Maybe he can weigh in the idea of changing the logo and we can start a real contest. With dimesnions for the logo to fit of course.

Hoogle

Guru
Just meaning that the site will flow so a large logo will push the login box down a line so will appear below the logo and then it will break up the page. Until it is no longer really readable.

And by skin I mean that option at the bottom of the screen where you can choose default skin, dark theme etc. Some skins are designed to have large logos and some are designed to be small.

KYeung

Wanted to give this a try, its not that good but yea..

PSGuruLogo.png

and then i added this onto it for fun haha..

PSGuruLogo2.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice job Kevin. Maybe replace the feather with the Pen Tool icon.

iDesign

Good work kevin, its very nice as a "picture" but i'm thinking how it would go as a logo.

I am not sure on your knowledge at photoshop, so sorry if I'm jumping the gun here, do you zoom right out of your logos to check the size is still clear small?

I have resized your logo down to 250px wide, along with another example the same size.

Your logo (250px Wide)​

logo size example.jpg

Example logo (250px Wide)​

logo size example 2.jpg

Your logo looks great at its original size, but you should always switch between different sizes while designing.

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
The feature looks like a big a first ..... Just sayin.

KYeung

Good work kevin, its very nice as a "picture" but i'm thinking how it would go as a logo.

I am not sure on your knowledge at photoshop, so sorry if I'm jumping the gun here, do you zoom right out of your logos to check the size is still clear small?

I have resized your logo down to 250px wide, along with another example the same size.

Your logo (250px Wide)​

View attachment 47415

Example logo (250px Wide)​

View attachment 47416

Your logo looks great at its original size, but you should always switch between different sizes while designing.

Oh, I wasn't sure what the logo size is so i just made it.

i could always remake it to fit the Size Limit, and make it look clean still though.

iDesign

That's not what I am trying to inform you with, I don't know the size myself.

What I am trying to say, is that a logo should always look clear Full Size and Small.

Maybe your just playing around with the logo, and seeing it more of a contest, which is fine as I'm not judging you. I'm just letting you know so you can learn as that's what this forum is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.